act two, scene two

❝Dear diary, my teen angst bullshit has a body count

❝Dear diary, my teen angst bullshit has a body count...❞

☽ ---------------- 𓆙𓆙𓆙 ---------------- ☾

WITHIN THE WALLS OF RIVERDALE HIGH tensions were about to come to blows between the old guard and the new. The students of Riverdale High were split into two groups; those lead by Veronica Lodge who were waiting by a pop up table to greet their new classmates with smiles on their face, and those who followed Cheryl Blossom and Reggie Mantle on their tireless crusade to oppose their schools new addition. There were also those who didn't care, but those numbers were far smaller. 

When those front doors flew open and a group of leather wearing Southside teens strolled through all eyes, as expected, were on them and Veronica Lodge stood front and centre ready to greet them with a bright smile. 

"Friends. On behalf of the students and faculty here at Riverdale High, welcome to your new school."  She started, clasping her hands in front of her. Diplomatic as she was she ensured that she looked each one of her new peers in the eye as she spoke, "To ease this transition, I've set up a registration desk where you can get your locker assignments, class  schedules and a list of sports and extracurriculars. We encourage each and every one of you to drink deeply from the cup that is fair Riverdale."

Sweet Pea was just about to snort out a rather bitter laugh at her choice of words when a voice called out from across the hall, "Stand down, Eva Peron."

The spokesperson from the other side of the argument had arrived, and she had brought a much bigger cavalry than Veronica Lodge had. Cheryl Blossom descended down the stairs with Reggie Mantle and a group of students who represented the athletes of Riverdale High.

"There is the school spirit I so fondly remember. " Jughead mused with a roll of his eyes and Fangs smirked. Truthfully, if he wasn't caught in the middle of this ridiculous showdown he would find the whole thing amusing- rich people really had nothing better to do, huh?

"Cheryl." Veronica started, taking the reins on what was sure to be an epic showdown, leaning her weight to one hip while watching her peers with a bored expression, "No one invited Fascist Barbie to the party."

Maggie leaned over, whispering into Toni's ear, "Is this what it's always like here?"

The pink haired girl shrugged her shoulders and Jughead spoke up for her, "Most of the time, you get used to it... or at least you get good at ignoring it."

As the redheaded cheer captain came to a stop, crossing her arms over her chest she glanced with irritation between the raven haired Lodge and the new additions to her school and said, "Wrong, Veronica. No one invited Southside scum to our school. Listen up ragamuffins, I will not allow Riverdale High's above average GPA to suffer because of classrooms overcrowded with underachievers. So please, do us all a favour and find some other school to debase with your hardscrabble ways."