Chapter 1

(Hermione's POV)

I sit in the library corner, the sound of rain on the window peaceful as I look through my Charms textbook. The entire library is completely silent, besides the sound of Madam Pince, the librarian, stacking books onto shelves. Just then, I see a blur of platinum blonde rush past me. I glance up, almost smirking. He walks backward, and I can swear I see him smile. However, I'm greeted with a snarl. "Granger, what are you doing here?" He swaggers over to me, pulling the textbook out of my hands. He briefly flips through it before throwing it over his shoulder, unamused. "Give it back, Malfoy!" I demand. Draco picks the book back up with his face smug. "One condition. Just one." He says. I raise an eyebrow. "Go on then, tell me. You want me to go tourture a Hufflepuff or kick a puppy?" I question with a shaky tone. He looks hurt for a second before resuming his stone cold face.

"Granger...would you spend the day with me?" His eyes meet mine, and I see just how sincere he is. However, I continue the game. My face smirking now, I stand, and we're feet away from each other. "Now, why would I spend my Saturday with a ferret?" I ask him. Malfoy just rolls his eyes before looking down at the textbook in his hands. He chuckles, grabbing it by its spine. "I'll do it. Don't think I won't, Granger." My eyes widen. There wasn't a doubt in my mind that he'd rip it. I hold my hands up in surrender. "Fine, fine! I'll do it!" I realize that I could have easy hurt him or gotten the book back using magic. However, I was curious of his intentions. Why would Draco Malfoy, son of a Death Eater, want to spend a day with a Muggle born like me? His eyes light up a bit, but he then continues his straight faced act. "Fine, fine, indeed, Miss Granger." He declares. Straightening his black jacket, he quickly glances up at me. "Back here, let's say...30 minutes." Before I can even nod, he's spun on his heel and is out of sight. Oh Godric. What did I just agree to?