"We might have to deal with a Pirate King in the future," I chuckled as I imagined our child's innocent face listening intently about pirate tales.

I turned to face my husband. His silver grey eyes that used to harbour destructive storm were now filled with affection and benevolence. His wounds had healed and joined the hundred scars on his skin. His face had aged through the passing of a decade and yet, he still remained the gorgeous, brooding, and mysterious man I had fallen in love with. Time changed us but we were still the same people who managed to occupy a few pages in our history. I believed that what we've been through transformed us into better people of the present.

"Why did you choose the Borgian Kingdom?" I asked.

His brows furrowed at my sudden question. "What do you mean?"

"You had a chance to be a powerful ruler in the West Land. You could even be the most feared pirate in the sea and a captain of your own ship. You had those worlds in your hands and yet you still chose the ruined, old castle in the middle of the Mainland. Why?"

He shrugged his shoulders as if he had always known the answer all this time. "Because I know that in those worlds, our souls would never meet. I can't be with you in any of those worlds; not in a land of rulers fueled by their lust for power, and definitely not in the sea of pirates where blood and crimes are the currency. You don't belong in the dark places, Primrose. I had to create a world where your light won't be dimmed by evil and darkness. I had to bring you to a place where you can shine the brightest. And that's why we're here now in the Borgian Castle where you can shed your light to the people of the Borgian Kingdom."

I hadn't realized that tears had escaped my eyes until I felt it dampened my cheeks. The realization that I was the reason why he started the dangerous journey to bring back the Borgian Kingdom was overwhelming. More than a decade ago, I was just a naïve, stubborn lady of the East Land who was insane enough to wait for the man she loved. And now, as I stood in front of the imperfect man who had broken my heart for many times, I couldn't help but asked: "Is it worth it?"

Threy smiled reassuringly at me. "Absolutely worth it," he replied and claimed my lips.

We made love that night. And just like the first and many times we did it, the moment was unforgettable. The castle's balcony became our favourite spot as we placed thick blankets on it and let the moon witness our love. I didn't mind the caresses of the cold wind as I lay naked on his warm, sinewy chest with his arms wrapped around my waist. That night was perfect. And I silently wished for us to stay that way.

"I have to sail the Obsidian to the Borgian Island."

I leaned on my arms to look at him. I wasn't able to prepare my heart when he broke the spell. "That's too far from here," I muttered.

The Borgian Island was the first Island I had been to after being kidnapped by the pirates more than a decade ago. Apparently, the island was named after the first Borgian King and the truth about it had been buried and forgotten in the history until the castle's scholars unearthed it.

"People in that island need my help. Some of them are still adamant against trusting the citizens of the Mainland. I have to break the walls between us for if we don't reach out to them, they will continue to suffer from poverty and random attacks of rogue pirates," he explained gravely. Sometimes, I wondered if the Skull had really existed because whenever he talks about his people, all I could see were compassion and justice. I sighed and nodded, knowing that I had to let him go for a longer period this time.