Meng Fuyao wanted to retort but was disrupted by dozens of clattering footsteps. Following which, a tiny shadow dashed across the entrance of the cave while turning her head anxiously. In that moment, the moonlight shone down on her small, bloodstained face.

It was Xiao Dao.

Meng Fuyao almost called out, but she bit down her tongue. The next moment, she caught sight of Xiao Dao missing a step and falling off the cliff.

"Xiao Dao!" Meng Fuyao threw herself out of the cave and off the cliff.

She quickly felt someone grabbing onto her. She struggled but had no energy to go forward. "Go save her..." she muttered, but before she could be heard, someone had already swept past her and jumped off.

Out of the corner of Meng Fuyao's eyes, she caught a glimpse of a purple and blue, two-toned gown. At the bottom of the cliff, a muscular arm held on firmly on the cracks of the rock, and with a fling, Xiao Dao was thrown upward.

Meng Fuyao stepped forward to catch her. The child opened her eyes wide, but she did not cry.

Meng Fuyao sighed and asked, "Are you injured? Why are you here?"

Xiao Dao pursed her lips without answering. She lowered her eyes. The man who jumped off the cliff had on a set of thick, black eyebrows. It was Tie Cheng, the man who had wanted to "marry the mayor," and the man who had hurled abuses at Meng Fuyao in the public square.

He stood up, gasping for breath, and ignored the army, which was charging up because of the commotion. Then, raising his eyebrows and standing by the entrance of cliff, he shouted at Meng Fuyao, who was back in the cave, "You are not trustworthy!"

Stunned, Meng Fuyao replied, "What are you saying?"

"You are not trustworthy" Tie Cheng accused. "You are my woman, so how can you go around liking someone else?"

Meng Fuyao choked, lifting her head quickly and shouting, "Stop following me, you stalker!"

"So what?" Tie Cheng stiffened his neck, emphasizing, "I'm going to marry you!"

Meng Fuyao gritted her teeth. "I did not agree!"

"But I want it, and that's enough!"

Meng Fuyao stared at this rash bull and felt that it would be unwise to trade insults with him. The army was nearing and pestering endlessly.

Yuan Zhaoxu, who was behind her, unenthusiastically interrupted, "Finished bickering? Catch up with me when you are done."

He grabbed onto Xiao Dao, who had been staring at him strangely the whole time. He then reached his other hand out to pull Meng Fuyao over. "Follow me. Don't leave my side no matter what."

Tie Cheng snarled, "I am not going to..."

"You're excluded," Yuan Zhaoxu responded simply without looking back.

The Rong man leading the mission was an assistant general from the army. Someone had secretly entered the camp at midnight and had dared to release flaming arrows from high grounds. The arrows had narrowly burnt the general's tent, and the Rong people deemed it inauspicious to have their tents destroyed before a battle. Therefore, the general had appointed him to hunt the perpetrator down and bring him back to camp to be slaughtered.

This assistant general was considered to be a cautious person. He had clearly noticed that the perpetrator was petite and had a weak martial art background and had managed to escape because of his familiarity with the terrain. Nevertheless, he released thousands of troops and horses to scour the whole area, eventually reaching Haoyang Mountain.