Not-So Happy Birthday

A week has passed since the whole situation with Hector, and it is now mine and Alvaro's birthday. I wake up before everyone and get ready to hide from the group. I have never been one to celebrate my birthday because dad didn't believe that teenagers should. I especially didn't want to this year because I had just lost him and I wasn't ready.

"Beck?" I hear Gio say groggily as I'm about to walk out of the house.

"You're dreaming Gio. Go back to bed." I say. He nods and walks back to his room. Thank god. I grab my phone and the hoodie that matches with Addie's, and walk out of the house. I quickly make my way toward the park because after playing a game of Hide n' Seek, I had found an abandoned schoolhouse a couple feet away from the play area in the wooded part of the park itself. I had wanted to check it out, but I didn't get the chance to.

Alvaro's POV:

I woke up and quickly got out of my bed to go say "happy birthday" to Becca, but when I got to her room, she wasn't there. I searched the entire house for her and even tried calling her. While I was looking, Kairi had come over and knocked on the door.

"Hey, do you know why Becca is walking down the street, practically running from the house?" He asks. I think for a second and it hits me, she hasn't celebrated our birthday since the last time we were together.

"She doesn't like celebrating her birthday. Let's go get her, I'm not celebrating without my sister." I say, putting on my shoes.

"Alright birthday boy, let's go." Kairi says as he moves to the side so I can get out. We start walking and we come to the park at the end of the road.

"Where could she be?" I say. Kairi shrugs, grabbing his phone from his pocket and pulling up Snapmap.

"It says she's over there somewhere." He says, pointing to the wooded area of the park.

"Makes sense, she hid there during Hide n' Seek and we never found her. Let's get searching." I reply, walking towards the woods.

Becca's POV:

After a few minutes of being in the schoolhouse, I hear someone or something walking around outside. I quickly hide under the dusty wooden desk that sits at the front of the schoolhouse.

"Becca? Are you in here?" I hear Kairi yell. I hold my breath and wait for him to leave.

"Any luck?" Alvaro says. I start looking around the bottom of the desk and see a spider crawling towards me. I scream and get out from under the desk.

"There you are!" Kairi says, picking me up over his shoulder.

"Put me down! You are so lucky that spider startled me, or you never would have found me!" I yell, kicking and hitting Kairi. They both laugh and Kairi slaps my butt.

"Stop struggling." He says.

"Let me go!" I yell.

"No, you'll run away and you are way more athletic than we are." Alvaro says. I start kicking again, but Kairi slaps my butt harder.

"Keep your nasty hands off my ass! Pervert." I yell. He slaps it again.

"It jiggles." He says, laughing. I slap his butt really hard and he drops me, so I make a run for it.

"Bye losers!" I yell, running farther into the woods. I run for a few minutes until I can no longer hear or see the boys, then I stop near the train tracks.

Thoughts:

Did I just run the span of this entire forest in fifteen minutes? Damn, call me Usain Bolt.