New Shoes and Old News

We get to the mall and we all walk in. Adam grabs Gio's hand and walks into the shoe store, while Addie grabs me and takes me to go shopping.

"Can we get matching hoodies? I know you and Adam have a whole outfit for the first day, so I thought we could get a hoodie so we can match whenever! Even on accident!" Addie says. I laugh and nod.

"You and Adam have a very competitive relationship." I reply. She giggles.

"Yeah, but I love him! Do you have any siblings other than Gio?" She says.

"Yeah, an older sister and a twin brother, but we aren't as close. Don't get me wrong I love them, but our bonds were broken after our parents divorced and we hadn't talked since the day my father left with me and Gio." I reply. She nods.

"Well if you and Gio mean anything to either of them, they will do anything it takes to get your bond back." Addie says. I smile.

"What about this hoodie? It comes in both green and purple and judging by your outfit, purple is your favorite color." I say. Addie's eyes light up.

"Let's get them!" She says. I giggle and grab the hoodies. We go check out and meet up with the boys.

"Look Beck! Adam bought me three pairs of new shoes!" Gio exclaims. I giggle and hug him.

"Do you like them, Gio?" I ask. He smiles.

"I love them Beck! They are so cool!" He says. I smile.

"That's all that matters then. Come on let's eat." Addie says, grabbing Gio's hand and running to go get food. Adam and I follow.

"Gio seems to like you guys." I say, watching Gio and Addie laugh as they grab two ice cream cones.

"I'm glad, I saw how you reacted when you got scared that I was going to kick you out, Becca. You care about him a lot more than you care about yourself. I want to make sure you are never put in the position your mother put you in ever again." He says. I smile.

"That's really kind of you, Adam. However, it isn't your job to take care of him. He is my responsibility and I would never put him off on someone else." I reply as we get to the Smoothie Shack. Adam and I order and then walk over to Addie and Gio.

"Beck, are Adam and Addie our new family?" Gio asks. Adam laughs and I do too.

"Well, if you want us to be! However, we aren't trying to replace your actual family." Addie says. Gio smiles and hugs her.

"Beck, isn't that Alvaro?" Gio says, pointing behind me and Adam. We turn around and I make eye contact with Alvaro.

"Becca!" He yells, running over and hugging me. I stand there and wait until he lets go.

"Hello Alvaro." I say, nodding my head and smiling a little. Addie stands up.

"Hi! I'm Adelaide, you must be Beckie's twin brother! It's really nice to meet you!" Addie says. Adam grabs her arm and pulls her to him.

"What are you guys doing here? I thought you only went to the southside mall." Kairi says, mockingly. I roll my eyes.

"Well maybe if you would stop assuming things and do some thorough research, you wouldn't have thought that. Oh I forgot, you don't know how to, hence your English grade for the past four years." I reply. Adam laughs a little and Kairi glares at us.

"Why are we even talking to them? She said it herself, you guys aren't her family." He says, turning to Alvaro. Alvaro glares at him.

"I don't give a fuck what she said Kai! She is my sister whether she likes it or not, and I'm going to fix our relationship one goddamn step at a time! If you don't like that, then fuck off! That goes for all of you!" Alvaro yells, pointing to the large group that was standing behind him and Kairi. I look over to Mattia and Alejandro to find them staring at me. Once we make eye contact, they begin to walk over to me and Gio.

"Becca can we take Gio to the park tomorrow? My little brother and Ale's little brother are in the same grade as Gio and we thought it would help him make friends." Mattia says. I smile.

"Sure, I can drop him off at your house if you'd like." I reply. They both smile and nod.

"Why didn't you guys tell us about that plan?" Kairi asks. The boys look at him like he is stupid.

"Neither of you make the decisions in Gio's life, so we didn't feel the need to ask for your permission." Alejandro says.

"Besides, you guys have done nothing but ruin Becca and Gio's experience here in Jersey. So we thought we would at least help fix what you broke like we always do." Mattia continues. Kairi rolls his eyes and Alvaro looks down.

"We better get going, daddy wants us home in time for dinner." Addie says. Adam and I nod.

"Alright, bye everyone." I say, waving at all the boys. Most of them smile and wave back, but Alvaro and Kairi stay still. I guess they couldn't take the heat.