Perfect Situation

Once upon a time...

                                                   Wait.... let's back up and try that again.

    So... there was this boy. he was sarcastic, but smart, handsome, but rugged, smooth voice, the sexiest brown eyes a girl could hope for. At least, that's how I would put it. His hair was a light brown, and smooth, the perfect texture to run your hands through. Maybe he didn't have the typical dream guy body. You know? With the muscles of a god, and all that jazz,  but he had nice strong arms that a girl definitely wouldn't mind falling asleep in.

    This boy had a friend. A particular friend of the opposite sex that  he couldn't quite take his eyes or mind off of. For whatever reason, he wasn't so sure. Maybe it was her southern charm. Her witty come backs to his sarcastic jokes, her sandy blonde hair and deep blue eyes, or possibly even her peaches and cream skin. Maybe it was the way she laughed or smelled. The way she always blushed when she was embarrassed, turning her own unique shade of red. Or... even her sweet and yet humble desire to please every soul who took one footstep into her life. Whatever it was, he couldn't quite put his finger on, but he was desperate to find out.

     One day the two friends were out and about. You know, the usual. Walking down the streets of the town they called home. Eating Ice cream from the old parlor down mainstreet. Talking the way that they had for years. When suddenly the boy thought to himself, "This is my chance. I have to do this now."  Almost as if something inside him snapped. If he were a cartoon you would've seen the light bulb above his head finally light up. He stopped walking. grabbed the girl by her shoulders and then panicked. She looked dead in his eyes and said "Did you have something to say?" Snapping back to reality as if he'd not been standing there for the last 5 minutes he gasped "Oh yea!" then came a stutter and he finally pushed himself to say the words "Be my girlfriend?" It came out like vomit and he realized that he couldn't take it back. She turned to him and said "I'm not so sure."

    "Why not?"

 She paused and thought for a minute.

   "Well... you see?"

   "Yea?" he asked.

   "You know? We've been friends for a while and I'm not sure I want to risk ruining that."

  "Ruining it? how?"

 "Like, you know, we date, the relationship goes great, then ends badly. Then one of us hates the other one. I just don't want that to happen."

    He paused for a second. then said,

 "Oh I see, Well lets make a promise. That no matter what happens we'll always be the same friends we've always been."

   "Oh okay, but still I need sometime to think this over. Okay?"

   "Alright, in the mean time I'll think of something to help make your decision a little easier."

He smiled at her and they locked arms and began walking down the sidewalk again as she thought about he decision.