"My people want nothing but peace with your planet," the Asgardian clarified, staring at Fury with confusion.

"But you're not the only people out there, are you?" he shot back, growing frustrated. "And you're not the only threat. The world's filling up with people who can't be matched, that can't be controlled."

"Like you controlled the cube?" I asked, anger growing inside me the longer he continued to defend his plans of total global dominance.

"Your work with the Tesseract is what drew Loki to it, and his allies," Thor replied to Fury, taking a step towards the man. "It is a signal to all the realms that the Earth is ready for a higher form of war."

"A higher form?" I mumbled, looking at Tony. His eyebrows furrowed and eyes glanced between the two speakers and myself, matching my confusion.

"You forced our hand," Fury spoke, desperate. "We had to come up with-"

"A nuclear deterrent," Tony interrupted, shifting on his feet nervously. "'Cause that always calms everything right down."

"Remind me again how you made your fortune, Stark," Fury growled.

"I'm sure if he still made weapons, Stark would be neck-deep-"

"Wait, wait," Stark cut me off, "hold on. How is this now about me?"

Something in me snapped, and I couldn't help but turn to the man beside me. "I'm sorry, isn't everything?"

"I thought humans were more evolved than this," Thor stated sadly, glancing between Tony and I.

"Excuse me," Fury retaliated, walking around the much larger Asgardian, "did we come to your planet and blow stuff up?"

"You treat your champions with such mistrust!" he argued.

"Are you boys really that naive? S.H.I.E.L.D. monitors potential threats," Romanoff clarified, trying her best to diffuse the situation but failing miserably.

"Captain America's on threat watch?" Banner asked.

Tony turned on me. "Wait, you're on that list? Are you above or below angry bees?"

I took a step closer to the smaller man, my lips twisting into a sneer. "Stark, so help me God, if you make one more wisecrack," I warned.

"Threat!" he yelled, turning around to the rest of the room. No one paid him any attention, too caught up in their own arguments. "Verbal threat. I feel threatened."

I narrowed my eyes, my chest puffing out. "Show some respect."

"Respect what?" he asked, fully facing me as he tensed his muscles.

"What are we, a team?" Banner asked, drawing my attention away from the angry man before me and towards him. "No, we're a chemical mixture that makes chaos. We're..." he hesitated, "a time bomb."

Fury took a slow step towards the doctor. "You need to step away."

"Why shouldn't the guy let off a little steam?" Tony asked from behind me, placing a hand on my shoulder.

I turned, knocking his hand off, rage overcoming my senses. "You know damn well why. Back off!" I yelled at him.

"I'm starting to want you to make me," Tony whispered, narrowing his eyes and sizing me up. I felt my chest tighten at his words, my own eyes narrowed as I stared him down.

I let out a low chuckle. "Yeah," I whispered, matching his tone as I circled him. "Big man in a suit of armor. Take that off, what are you?"

Tony glanced around the room, hesitating only a second before looking back at me. "Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist."