"What do you want?" The boy asked Jeno, shaking as he pointed the knife to him.

"How many traps did you set up?" Jeno asked him back. That was a good move. If the boy told him, then they can keep them in mind when hunting for the other tributes.

"Where are the others?" The boy demanded, his voice shaky.

"We split up to hunt on our own." Jeno said.

"Will you spare my life if I tell you?" The boy asked. Jeno hesistated for a moment before nodding his head. The boy seemed unconvinced so Jeno stood straight, retuning the sword to the sheath on his belt.

"There were three. Each of them have a bell attached, so they'll ring when triggered. One 50 ft down the path from here, and one in the autumn forest." The boy said, the knife still pointed towards Jeno. For the few hours he had, the boy had done a lot. Jade looked behind her, Renjun had the crossbow loaded and ready to go.

"That's a lot." Jeno pointed out, crossing his arms. Jade watched as Jeno looked away for a moment, the boy taking his chance to lurch forward with his knife. Before he could cut Jeno, the arrow was released from Renjun's crossbow, into the boy's back. The boy fell down with a thud, right at Jeno's feet. Jeno picked the knife from his hand, placing it into his pocket as the Careers all came down from the trees. The cannon sounded from a distance.

"That was a little too close for comfort." Jeno said, eyeing Renjun. Renjun simply shrugged his shoulders, removing the arrow from the now lifeless body.

"What should we do about the traps?" Hyewon asked them as them as Jade grabbed the sleeping bag that had fallen on the ground.

"Leave them. We know where they are so we just need to be mindful." Haechan said. Renjun nodded in agreement.

Jade looked up at the sky. The sun was making its way down the horizon. Night would be falling soon.

"Let's head back to the Cornucopia and camp there for the night." Jeno suggested. Many of their waterbottles had emptied during their trek in the forest, so it wouldn't be a bad idea to replenish their resources.

"Alright, let's go then." Renjun said, taking his sleeping bag back from Jade. As their fingers brushed, Jade looked at him, seeing if he noticed as well. Renjun locked eyes with her for a moment before placing the sleeping bag back into his backpack. He swung the bag over his shoulder, leading the Careers back to the Cornucopia. Jade wondered to herself how long it would take for Renjun to show his emotional side in the games.

...

The sun had fallen when the Careers had returned to the lake. The arena was awfully quiet, the only noise was from their group as they walked fearlessly towards the Cornucopia.

"I can't wait to warm up and fall asleep." Haechan said, stretching his arms above his head with a yawn. Jade couldn't agree more. She was exhausted from the walking they had done all day.

"Race you there!" Jeno said slyly to Haechan before beginning to run towards the floating path.

"Oh, you're on!" Haechan yelled before chasing him. Just as Jeno was halfway there, Jade noticed something move from the Cornucopia.

"Jeno!" Jade yelled, but it was too late. The District 6 girl hidden had thrown a knife, the blade lodging into Jeno's lower calf, knocking him over into the water. Haechan quickly dove after him, partly to save the male, partly to hide from the girl.

Hyewon and Bora immediately drew their weapons, searching the perimeter. A few moments later, they returned. "She's alone."

Jade was thankful for their words but Renjun ignored them. Renjun was staring at the District 6 girl in the eyes. The hand that had thrown the knife was quivering as she stared back at Renjun. She was scared. She had messed with the group of Careers and now her life only had moments remaining.