ateez sees a ghost.

Start from the beginning

"Were the girls caught?" Wooyoung asked.

"All six of them are in prison." Yumi replied. "Still, nobody knows why they cut her like that. I met her, too. She was so sweet and just wanted to be a part of something."

Jongho tilted his head. "What was her name?"

"Lim Y/N." Yumi said. "After that, anyone that moved in, moved out right after. They said that they could see Y/N everywhere."

When the boys got back home, they were going through news articles, reports, footage from the news, all trying to figure out what you looked like. It wasn't hard, obviously. When it happened, your picture was all over the Internet. You died in 1997, so no wonder they didn't know of your death- none of them were born yet.

"Maybe she's looking for closure?" San suggested.

Mingi hummed in disagreement. "Or revenge."

"No, I agree with San. When I saw her, she didn't look angry, she looked tired." Yeosang added. "Like she was tired of being stuck here."

"What are we supposed to do?" Seonghwa questioned. "We don't know how to deal with spirits."

"We can try." San shrugged. "She died a horrible death, guys. We can at least try to help her."

The guys nodded, then got ready for bed. Before they went to sleep, Hongjoong always made sure the doors and windows were locked. As he was checking the balcony window, he saw someone standing across the street, looking right at him. It looked a lot like you, then you just turned and walked away.

"I saw her across the street last night."

The guys looked at Hongjoong as they walked down the sidewalk. "Really? I thought she would only show up in the house." San said.

"Maybe only we can see her?" Wooyoung asked.

They turned a corner and stopped in their tracks as they saw you, standing right in the middle of the crowd. It was like everyone and no one could see you, all at the same time- nobody was bumping into you, but nobody looked at you or spoke to you, either. You turned and started walking away from them, so they followed you. Eventually, they ended up back at the house.

"I need your help." You said.

They took in your outfit. Mom jeans that weren't called mom jeans when you died, a short sleeve, light blue button up, and white converse. They could see the cuts on your arms, and the smoke residue on your cheek.

"Sure." Yeosang said. "What can we do to help?"

"I just need closure."

Hongjoong unlocked the front door and let you inside first. They would be lying if they said they weren't scared.

"Um, can only we see you?" Jongho asked.

You nodded and went straight for Yunho's bedroom, where you died. As you looked into the room, your face lit up and the sound of crackling embers engulfed everyone. They gasped and looked into Yunho's room, where a huge fire had started. However, as you turned away from the room, the fire went out.

"Don't go postal." You said. "That's normal."

"Go postal?" Mingi mumbled.

"It means don't flip out." Wooyoung said. "She's from the nineties, remember?"

Your shirt was slowly starting to get bloody, the memories of your death too close to your spirit. Mingi saw this and got curious.

"Are you tangible?" He asked.

"Only to you guys." You replied. "Nobody else knows I'm around."

"Then, do you want a shower and new clothes?" Yeosang asked.

You smiled. "Please."

So, they waited for you to get out of the shower, and when you did, you searched the house with your eyes.

"It looks nice in here. Last time I saw it, it was darker and much less homey." You told them.

Seonghwa took note of the way Mingi's shirt fit you- it looked cute. "We have a lot of different interests, so there's a lot of different things around here."

They made some dinner and you savored it. It would have been the first home made meal you had ever since you moved out of your parents house and went to college.

"Sorry to ask, but do you know why they made those cuts?" San asked.

You nodded slowly. "It's part of their initiation. All of those girls had them. They did it to me to basically brand me and make me theirs, even after I was dead."

"That's sick." Hongjoong stated.

"I was just a first year, I was excited that they wanted me to be a part of their sorority." You said, your voice low. "I regret it."

"How do we help you cross over?"

You shrugged. "I just have to face my shortcomings, which for me, is death. I'll sit in that room and face it all over again."

So you went to Yunho's room, after he told you that it was definitely okay, and sat on the floor. The boys stood at the doorway and watched as the fire started up again and it started to engulf you. The six girls showed up behind the guys and started walking towards the doorway, just like they had when you died. San and Yeosang saw this and acted on impulse.

They ran into Yunho's room and pulled you up. The fire stopped, the girls disappeared, and your breathing went back to normal.

"We don't want you to go." Yeosang said.

"Guys, it's been nearly twenty three years-"

San turned to Hongjoong and cut him off. He turned back to you as you looked between him and Yeosang in curiosity.

"I don't understand." You said.

"Your last day on earth was terrible, you probably felt so alone and down." San said. "While we can see you, we should show you what a real friend group is."

You shook your head. "Humans can't be friends with a spirit-"

"I agree." Jongho said. "Spend a little more time with us and have some fun before you have to cross over."

You looked at all of them, the same look in all of their eyes. Anxiousness, waiting for you to say yes.

"Okay. I'll stay for a little bit."

-