choi san | request.

-

"You're staring again."

You looked over at Younha, your best friend. "I am not staring."

"Admiring? Obsessing? Trying to make him fall in love with you?"

She laughed as you hit her arm. "Younha, sometimes I can't help it. He's just so charming."

"He avoids you, Y/N. Do you know how many times you've cried because he makes you feel bad about yourself?"

"That's just me being sensitive. He doesn't say anything rude to me."

"That's not good, Y/N." She sighed. "You deserve to like someone who will inspire you to always love yourself-"

"Look, he's coming over here!"

You smiled to yourself as San walked by, and Younha rolled her eyes. You had the biggest crush on San, ever since you met him, really. He had it all; kindness, charm, a wild side, and that's what made you like him so much.

When you looked back over to say something to Younha, you saw her walking out of the cafeteria. You pursed your lips and looked at San one more time before leaving to your next class.

After school, you were at your locker, making sure you had everything and were ready to go home. When you shut your locker, San was standing right there, making you jump.

"Hey, Y/N." He smiled.

You blushed. "San."

"So, I was wondering if you wanted to get dinner tonight?"

You froze for a moment. "Uh, yeah. I'd love to."

"Great." He picked your hand up and kissed the back of it. "I'll pick you up at seven."

He walked off and turned a corner, while you broke into a big smile and basically skipped to your car. When you got home, you went straight to your room to pick out an outfit. You decided on a pair of black jeans and a complimentary sweater, then you put your hair up in a nice ponytail.

A bit later, you're mother walked in and smiled. "Where are you going all dressed up?"

"Remember San? The guy that I've had a crush on?" You asked, and she nodded. "He asked me to dinner tonight!"

Her smile faltered a bit. "Oh, good, good. Be careful, okay? I don't think that-"

Your phone started ringing, and you saw that it was Younha. "Mom, it's Younha."

She sighed. "Okay."

She left your room as you answered your phone. "Younha."

"Hey," she sighed. "I heard San talking about your date tonight."

"He was talking about it?" You smiled. "What did he say?"

"Um, he-" she felt bad for what she was about to say. "This date is bad news, Y/N."

"Younha! Why would you say that?"

"I'm looking out for you. You're like a sister to me and I want to protect you."

"Apparently you don't want me to be happy!" You snapped.

She scoffed. "Don't say I didn't warn you, Y/N."

She hung up and before you could throw your phone on the bed, you heard the doorbell ring. You ran downstairs and opened the door, smiling at San.

"You look nice." He said.

"As do you."

He smiled and held his arm out, which you took, and he walked you to your car. You thought you'd be a nervous wreck in the car with him, but you weren't. The two of you never let the conversation die.