ateez deals with a clone.

disclaimer: angst, mentions of blood, starvation

___

"She's been gone for so long."

Seonghwa was mumbling to the familiar therapist as everyone else was waiting their turn.

"I have this feeling," Yunho made circular motions above his stomach. "That I know she's okay. She's just lost out there - somewhere."

Their therapist nodded. "So you don't ever feel like the connection has died? You don't think she's dead?"

"We would know." Yeosang said. "We would."

The boys had been seeing their therapist for five months, starting the month after you disappeared into thin air. You were there one minute, then wiped off the face of the earth the next.

They weren't sure why, but they knew you were breathing.

"Do you guys go through old memories?" Their therapist asked.

Hongjoong nodded slowly, detached. "Every day."

"What was the last thing she said to you all, collectively?"

Mingi looked up nervously. "She said, "I don't want to be here anymore.'"

You sat in silence as the people around you did everything to change your appearance. They dyed your hair black and made the underside white, they gave you new clothes that didn't look anything like what you wore before, they made you wear different colored eye contacts, different accessories.

All while a fake version of yourself was being created in a lab, becoming who you used to be.

The barcode on your neck was shared between you and your clone. It acted as a sort of ID chip. When the barcode was scanned, it revealed who you were and what number was assigned to your clone. Apparently it made things easier.

"You're going back home tonight." Doctor Leon smiled. "Well, not home. You'll be completely alone and you're not allowed to talk to anyone that you used to know - not that it would matter, they wouldn't recognize you anyway. Your clone will go out with you, and she'll take your place, pick up where you left off six months ago. Thank you for doing business with us, Y/N."

"Why?"

Doctor Leon leaned down. "You said you didn't want to be here anymore. That gave us the perfect opportunity to make something to take your place and give you a new life. Aren't you grateful."