[19]

The skies of Jakku were a warzone, not to mention the wavy dunes that coated the entire planet which were also under heavy fire.

Yourself and Din had borrowed two advanced TIE-Fighters in an attempt to board the rebel's capital ship where the Razor Crest was boarded.

Once the captital ship entered the system and then the atmosphere of Jakku, yourself and Din quickly boarded your seperate Tie's.

"We need to keep a low profile, those rebels will think we're apart of the Empire's defensive attack." Din said through synced up coms. "I say we follow a fleet and then head towards the back. If we loop around we can blast the hangar's deflector shields and enter before the blast door for the hangar closes." You planned.

"It sound's like you've done this before." Din chuckled and you smiled as you flipped a few switches in the Tie. "Don't be upset that I have better strategies than you."

You heard an audible scoff, "As if. We both know who the best is here." Din said and you laughed. The laughing soon stopped as Din spoke up again, "There's the capital ship. The Razor Crest's signal is coming from there." He said of which you quickly noticed your ticket into the ship. "And there's the fleet. Follow me." You said as you sped up to follow the X-wings but at a safe distance. They looped around and you followed them around the ship. "There's the deflectors. You're gonna have to make a sharp left to get in there!" You said as you blasted the shield's generators. Not a moment later and you noticed the large, metallic doors sliding shut. You made a sharp left inwards and Din followed closely behind. You slowed as much as you could but still came to a crashing hault.

You jumped out of the TIE with ease and hid behind one of the wings for cover against the impending blasterfire. You watched Din hop out of his ship which was a little away's from where you'd stopped. You pressed a finger to the comm on your wrist. "I'll cover you. Get to your ship and blast a hole in the metal door, we should be descending to an altitude where oxygen won't be a problem anymore." You said and you looked at Din as you spoke into the comm. He nodded, and the second he did you turned from behind your cover and began to blast the rebels who were trying to fire upon you even through the cover of the TIE-fighter wing.

You took down each rebel that was in Din's path of reaching the Razor Crest. He successfully made it with ease and climbed aboard while you made your way to it as well, ducking behind crates anything else other than fuel cells for cover every now and then.

"Uh, Y/N we have a problem." You heard Din speak up from the comm. You looked over to the Razor Crest to see a X-wing was lifting off in the hangar, preparing to fire upon the Razor Crest which had yet to be fully functional upon starting it up.

Your blasters were no match for the fighter, but as you looked around you noticed a heavy cannon assembled, most likely for minor repairs or cleaning of carbon scoring. You hoped it was the latter.

You dived for the heavy cannon and started it up in no time. Just as the X-wing was aiming upon the Razor Crest you blasted the fighter back onto the platform of the hangar. It had exploded and flames were now burning everywhere. Many rebels were now down, being injured or dead. You ran to the Razor Crest, full sprint across the hangar to the saftey of the chrome ship.

Apparently, too much had been in your favor as the moment you reached the ramp of the Razor Crest you were blasted in the back, between your shoulder blades. You fell and let out a terrible scream, you hadn't known where it came from but only knew that it hurt more than you'd imagine a cheap shot to a cloth covered back.

But through gritted teeth, sheer determination and will to be free, you army crawled up the ramp and onto the ship. More blasterfire came through and hit you once in the leg and another burning your side and travelling up to your shoulder. The ramp to the ship closed and you groaned in absolute agony as you felt like you were burning from the blaster wounds.

Luckily Din had just stuck to the plan and got out of there as quickly as possible. He soon jumped to hyperspace but he felt as if his heart was breaking hearing the sounds of your pain from the cargo hold below. As soon as he could he practically jumped down the ladder and rushed to you, all the way stumbling and nearly tripping over himself.

He knelt beside you and gently touched your shoulder that hadn't been hit by a blaster. You were laying on your stomach and gritting your teeth, but groans of pain escaped and Din had to force himself to pick you up, even though he knew it'd hurt you.

The pain was too much, and your vision went dark. You could still hear and feel for a moment before you completely lost consiousness.

*.*.*.*.*

You felt numb for only a moment when you regained consiousness again. But when you opened your eyes everything came flooding back at once. You noticed you were still on the Razor Crest by the hum of hyperspace outside of the ship.

"Din..?" You weakly called out. You then heard footsteps and Din was soon by your side. "How are you feeling?" He asked, anxiety prominant in his voice. "Like I got shot." You smiled and you visibly saw him relax. "How long have I been out?" You said, bringing your good arm up to rub circles on the bridge of your nose with your eyes shut, trying to ease some of the aching throb you were beginning to feel in your head.

"Only two hours surprisingly. I thought you'd be out longer honestly." He said and you dropped your hand back to your side. You looked up into Din's black visor again. "And the Guild? Have they said anything?" You asked and Din slightly nodded. "Greef Karga made an offical announcement to all Guild members to go into hiding until he resolves the Guild's standing with the New Republic."

"The New Republic?" You asked, now you were trying to sit up. "Careful-" Din said as he gently helped you sit up. You winced in pain as you sat, but Din continued to answer your question. "It's what the Rebels call themselves now. The fighting is over, and thank the maker for that." Din said shaking his head in disappointment.

"Well now the Imperial credits will be worth little to nothing in a year or two." You noted and Din shrugged. "New Republic could make some credits." He said and you shrugged, equally unsure of what the future could hold. You sighed,

"Now it's just a matter of finding where to lay low."