"His"chapter 9

Thank you for  commenting and/or voting!

Enjoy.

...

A soft knock on my door woke me up from my nap.

"Ella?" My Aunt Cheryl opened the door and looked in at me. A small frown was on her face.

"Yeah?" I rub the tired out of my eyes and sit up.

"Did you happen to see the Hayden's leaving about a week ago? Y'know, before the day we were supposed to go over for the barbecue?"

I shake my head nervously. "N-no? Why?" I ask carefully.

"I think they bailed town. Lucy was talking about her and Frank not being able to pay rent this month, and now the land lord is on my back like I'm supposed to know what the hell they're thinking!" Aunt Cheryl shook her head disapprovingly and shrugged her shoulders as she closed my door.

I breathed out a sigh of relief.

It was so hot here compared to Seattle! I had to donate half of my clothes because they were too thick and heavy to be wearing here.

Luckily Aunt Cheryl took me clothes shopping (even though I insisted that I could pay for my own clothes) and I got more appropriate clothes for the weather.

Today I decided to wear a frilly summer floral dress and a pair of sandals. I did my make up and hair, for the first time in forever, and said good bye to my Aunt and Uncle.

Tonight I would stay at a motel. Hopefully Jeff was watching because I needed to talk to him.

I turned my car on and headed off.

....

I chose to stay at a not-so-nice looking place because it was unlikely for Jeff to barge into my room if I was staying at a luxury hotel. But, then again maybe he would.

The room itself was decent, don't get me wrong, I wouldn't stay at a dank shady motel.

The feeling of deep nervousness set in me like it always did when I waited for Jeff.

This was going to be a long night.

....

I smoothed my dress as I sat on the edge of the bed.

My curled hair swung on my lower back.

The clock read 9:30 P.M. and the last shreds of light faded away.

It was quiet and still. I breathe out and in, still trying to convince myself that Jeff wouldn't murder me.

I mean, he's had many opportunity's and he's never taken one.

Well, except a handful of times. But those don't count.

God I was so stupid to come here by myself. I questioned why I included Jeff in my life. Nothing would ever be normal until I knew he was completely out of it.

A tap on my window jerked me out of my pondering state.

A hooded figure stood there.

I stood and pushed open the window.

Jeff flipped off his hood and coolly jumped through the small opening.

I silently looked at him as he looked me up and down.

His dead eyes stared into mine.

"You look different." He said nonchalantly as he stepped closer to me.

I caught my breath in my throat and looked away from him.

"Why did you wanna meet me here?" He asks.