Bonding.

Chapter 28

Raine.

After breakfast, I went back to the house. I was slightly confused; were we sharing the same room now or not?

I decided to wait for Julian and discuss with him. In the meantime, I tidied up our bed and watched television.

Lunchtime came by and I decided to make some sandwiches. Julian arrived shortly after but we didn't eat. He suggested that we 'try' other places.

We started on the couch then the living room floor. Unfortunately when we were in the kitchen, the kids came in.

"Alpha! Rai! What are doing on the counter?" Caleb said at the door. Thank God he was staring at the television otherwise he would be blind.

"Caleb, go watch TV. I'll be there with the sandwiches we're making." I said leaning into Julian's chest.

"Okay."

"Guess we should hurry up then." Julian smirked and continued. I had to bite the inside of my cheek to prevent the moans that threatened to spill out.

The rest of the day was tedious. Playing all kinds of games with the children. I really sucked at hide and seek. But at least we had fun. I couldn't remember the last time I had that much fun.

I suddenly fell into a pattern of hanging out with the children and helping around the pack house.

I occasionally watched the warriors train although my eyes were fixed onto a certain Alpha.

"You don't have to gawk, Rai. He's all yours."

Lana, one of the nice she-wolves sat next to me on the bench.

"I...I wasn't staring."

"It's okay." She laughed at me. "We always tend to eye rape our mates."

I managed a shy smile.

"Training is almost over; you should meet the Alpha instead of secretly spying on him."

I nodded and turned to the training ground as wolves sauntered off perhaps heading for lunch.

Some walked hurriedly to meet their mates while the young ones dived into chatter.

"Admiring another wolf, love?"

I was too engrossed in the warriors to notice Julian walk over to me. He was shirtless with only black basketball shorts. His skin glistening with sweat.

I gulped.

"Julian."

"Not with that name again, cupcake. I'm a little tired from training." He swept me in his arms and placed a chaste kiss on my cheek making me giggle.

"Let's get food into you then." I slid off him and dragged him to the dining.

Today was the first time I prepared a large meal for all the wolves and I was dying to hear Julian's opinion.

"I thought you'd give me something other than food." He pouted.

"No pouting. You need to eat. I want to run with you at night."