Chapter 7: Closer to Madness

Start from the beginning

A few more moments of intense concentration came and passed before the monster came, smashing some parts of a two story build as it crawled by. It has a form of a massive scorpion that has metal shell for skin and halves of a shield for pincers, its long and massive stinger raised and ready. Zero and Kota proceeded to fire at the Arachnid catching it in surprise, while Sally charged with her Short Blade God Arc at ready.

The bullets did little damage, mostly being deflected by the thick armor of the monster. Even Zero’s exploding ammunition only made the Aragami step back a little catching itself from the pushing explosions. Not long after the barrage started, the blade of Sally’s living weapon came and stabbed itself into one of the segments of the armor of the Borg, drawing blood, though the damage did little to the massive Arachnid. Feeling pain, the Borg screamed and recomposed itself; bringing its pincers together to form a complete shield.

The bullets became more useless as the shield’s front blocked most of the hail, prompting for the small group of soldiers to rethink their makeshift strategy. The woman wielding the Short Blade God Arc continued with her attack but with more vigor, having little worry for a friendly fire from the other two God Eaters. Though the pain also made the Aragami to retaliate; it raised its tail a little to the right while also angling its massive metallic body. Zero then realized what was the monster was doing, he warned the girl currently engage in combat, “Watch out! It’s going for a sweep attack!” Though it was too late.

The Arachnid spun in its place once; its tail outstretched, but that’s all it took to punish the human pestering it. Sally somehow manage to hold up her God Arc’s shield at the last second, but the attack still sent her hurling away at alarming velocity, and that velocity made some damage when she hit a concrete wall. The wall broke; giving away from the impact of the God Eater’s body. The Aragami in the other hand look pleased at its work; roaring at the two still undamaged soldiers right after it separated its shield; as if taunting the two to show it something worthy of its presence.

The white haired boy gritted his teeth as he witnessed the punishment being delivered, his anger only got fanned when the monster roared, taunting them. Now burning with emotion, he charged to the Arachnid and swung the transformed weapon’s hulking blade. He didn’t even heed the call and warnings of his friend as he did. Sparks riddled the air when the blade made contact with the armored front legs of the Borg, it bouncing off the think armor though the appendage was chipped a little. Zero was not able to contemplate about the damage that he cause to the Aragami when it once again lashed out its tail, this time not holding its shield together.

The white head took the damage head on and he was sent skidding on the broken asphalt road, coughing up blood from the damage that he received. Dazed and hurt, he laid there on the ground as the sound of shouting and gunfire echoed in the background. That was not his first time being struck by a ‘Violent god’ but he can never get used to the damage that those beings dish out. Groaning, Zero stood up gritting his teeth as the pain of bruises and small cuts intensified, remembering that his friend doesn’t have any melee capabilities and that he would be Aragami food if no one would back him up. Now once again on his feet, the boy felt the gaze of the girl from before, the girl that sends his emotions in disarray.

Now her gaze felt like that of intense disappointment, as if she’s disappointed at the results that Zero is giving, as if the things she had done for him is being wasted because of his foolishness and because the monster of a scorpion is still standing, still trying to devour. Zero didn’t know where the gaze was coming from but it’s affecting him, ‘Messing’ him up. His serious façade started to change, his lips started to twist and his emotions once again started to burn but now more fiercer than before he charged at the Borg moment ago. Ignoring all of the physical pain plaguing him, the white head charged again, this time more faster; his face spit by a broken murderous smile. A smile that became a famous sign for God Eaters to stay away, to not join in a battle with a soldier named Zero Lancer.