Chapter 35

It has been a month and Stefan still hasn't return. He is still with that monster, Klaus. Who knows what he has done to Stefan. But, sadly, thats not what has been on my mind lately. I never confronted Damon about him loving Elana and all. I ignored it because I was still grieving. The image of Elle at the Grill still pops up in my head everyday. I couldn't stay with Damon so I stayed with Alaric. We spent alot of time together. He really helped me through everything.

"Morning." Alaric says while walking into the kitchen.

"Morning"

"Today's Elena's 18th birthday."

"I should probably call her and say happy birthday."

"Or we could meet her and say happy birthday." Alaric says

"I really don't feel like going out today."

"Everytime Elena or Damon gets involved, you 'dont feel like going out'" Alaric does finger qoutes."She's your friend, Emily. I know you don't like to bring them up because of their love for each other, but you can't hide forever. You have to meet her."

"I'll only stay for Elena's birthday, but after that, I'm gone again."

"Good enough. We are leaving in about ten minutes so go get ready."

I walk up to my room and change. Alaric had to rent another apartment because Klaus took his other one.
I walk downstairs and Alaric drives us to the Salvatore house. When we entered the room, I saw Elena and Damon talking. Damon had some door open with a map and a lot of notes pinned on it. Damon saw me and stopped talking.

"Emily." Damon says walking to me. He immediately pulled me into a gentle kiss. I missed his lips so much. He embraced me in a hug. "I've missed you so much." he whispered in my ear.

"Me too" I say. I hugged Elena next and said," Happy Birthday!"

"Thanks!" She replied.

"What's going on with the map and notes?" Alaric asks.

"We've been tracking Stefan." Elena responds.

"How?" I ask.

"There have been a lot of animal attacks and we know that these have been Stefan's marks." Damon replies.

"The latest one has been in Memphis, Tennessee."

"Why don't we go and find him in Memphis then? We need to get him away from Klaus." I say.

"We need an address so we can follow him. We can't just show up so Klaus can kill us." Elena explains.

"Elena, your not going anywhere. Remember, Klaus thinks your dead right now. If he finds out that your alive, he will kill you again and this time your not coming back." Damon says.

"We can ask Sheriff Forbes for an address." I suggest.

"Great idea. Lets get on the move." Alaric says.

We head to the police station where we meet Sheriff Forbes.

"I might be able to find an address but I won't get my hopes up." she says. She looked through some files and pulled out a paper. "Here look at this."

Damon read the paper and it has the address of the house where the killing happened.

Alaric, Damon and I set out to Memphis, Tennessee. When we arrived at the house, there was blood everywhere. It was all over the walls and floor. We walked into a living room where two girls were dead.

"Definitely Stefan." Damon says.

"How can you tell?" Alaric asks.

"It's normal Stefan. He drinks blood til he passes out. When he wakes up, he feels remorse about it and puts the bodies back together." Damon kicked one of the dead bodies and the head fell to the floor. "We need to burn this house before people find out that this was a vampire."