Chapter 13

"It was so hard to vervain him. I don't like hurting him." Elena says looking at Stefan.

"We had to do something. I wasn't gonna let him go around chewing on people and alert the Founders."

We stayed in silence for a few minutes before Elena speaks up. "I'll be back later." she leaves the room.

Stefan soon starts to wake up and I leave to bring him something to drink. I walk past the living room seeing Emily still passed out. I leave the house and come back with some animal blood. I go down to the basement and give Stefan the blood.

"I'm not hungry." he says.

I got a call and it was from Alaric.

"Damon, I got some information. John has been getting calls from the same number Elena called. I think it might be Isobel. I tracked the number and it lead me to an apartment in Grove Hill."

"Alright, we will search there."

"Ok." I hang up and head upstairs. Emily was awake rubbing her head.

"Headache?" I ask.

"Yeah." she groans.

I walk into the kitchen getting some aspirin and water. I hand it to Emily and she takes it.

"Why did you come and save me?" She asks. "You were ok with the thought of Stefan killing, what's the difference if another vampire does it?"

"I don't want you to get killed, Emily."

"Then why didn't you say that the other day."

"It doesn't matter. Today's gonna be a busy day so get dressed."

Emily walks upstairs into her room. I hear the front door open and close. Elena walks into the room with blood bags.

We both head downstairs and give Stefan the blood. He didn't drink it.

"Stefan drink it. You need it to survive." Elena says.

"I just want my life to be over." Stefan replies.

"He's being dramatic. That will pass right by after he eats. Anyways, I'm going on a mission with Alaric. Stay out of the basement where it's safe." I demand.

"I'll be fine, Damon." Elena assures.

I go upstairs and into Emily's room.

"Are you ready?" I asked.

"Where are we going?"

"On an adventure, so c'mom. Alaric's waiting."

We leave the house and pick Alaric up.

~At the apartment~

Emily's P.O.V.

We made it to an apartment. They haven't told me anything about what was going on. I'm just following them around.

"What exactly are we doing here?" I ask.

"We are here to find out information about Alaric's wife." Damon answers.

"What's her name?"

"Isobel." Alaric answers.

"I don't know much about you." I say.

"I guess we skipped the whole 'meeting each other part'. I'm Alaric, high school teacher, vampire killer. You know the normal." I can see Damon rolling his eyes. "What about you? What's your story?" He asks me.

"Family problems at home made me move and start a new life. You know the usual."

"And you get stuck in the middle of this mess?"