chapter one - can she sit with us

Start from the beginning

Emilia speed walked into the school building, not wanting to bump into people who actually try and talk to her. It was mainly boys because of her sister, they wanted to know if Jonah and Scarlett were over yet, which probably won't happen anytime soon.

"Emilia! Come here with your short self!"

Emilia wanted to roll her eyes, but she knew that voice like the back of her hand, it was Jack Avery, aka the only guy that never has shown interest in her sister. Mainly because after one make out session with a horny girl in freshmen year, he decided that he didn't like girls.

"I'm literally a few inches shorter than you, Jack," Emilia laughed lightly, wrapping her arm around Jack's shoulders.

Jack shrugged, placing his arm around Emilia's waist, "You're probably the shortest in our entire friend group." The two were best friends, it was normal for them to act like this, all touchy.

"Isn't Nousha shorter than me?"

"That doesn't count, she's more of an acquaintance," Jack replied as he let go of Emilia, she did the same to him.

"What's wrong?" Emilia asked, furrowing her eyebrows.

"Zach, that's what," Jack scoffed, rolling his eyes. He crossed his arms over his chest, Jack wanted the world to swallow him whole at that very moment.

Emilia's eyes followed Jack's, seeing Zach laughing with a couple of his friends before he gave them a pat on the back. He then, started to walk over, his usual smirk on his face.

"But aren't you guys-"

Jack whipped his around to her, hissing through his teeth, "Don't you dare finish that sentence."

"Dating?" Emilia snickered, seeing Jack's face turn bright red. She noticed that Zach was a few feet away, he already had his arms wide opened, going in for a hug behind.

Jack yelped as he felt Zach's hot breath hit his neck, feeling his smirk against his skin.

"Hey baby," Zach whispered in his ear.

Jack pitched his hand, making Zach pull back and baby his hand. He placed a pout on his face, making Jack place his hands on his hips.

"Don't sneak up on people, Zachary," Jack sassed.

Emilia watched the two playfully fight, Zach was mostly flirting, but the two were an amazing couple. A few weeks after Zach had broken up with Kay, he decided to go out with Jack, which took weeks. Jack knew of Zach playing with girls and guys feelings, he also knew about him being a hard partier. But, Zach promised him a first date where Jack would be wanting more, which what had happened and now the two are dating.

"So," Zach announced, wrapping his arm around Jack's shoulder, pulling him closer to his chest. "My friend, Kay, she wants to know if she can sit with us. All her friends decided to ditch her because they found out she had slept with the head cheerleader."

"She scored Gabbie Gonzalez?" Emilia widened her eyes, her jaw falling to the ground.

Jack nodded, "She wouldn't stop ranting to me about how Kay treated her, which I didn't care for." He rolled his eyes, his eyes falling to chipped painted finger nails.

"Even Nousha dropped her?" Emilia asked, moving out of someone's way.

"Mainly because Tate and Christina did," Zach confirmed, running his fingers through Jack's curls, which he didn't mind.

"That's so fucked up," Jack said, looking down at Emilia, who was still in shock. "What? I feel like everyone knew those girls were going to drop Kay, all she does is hit on girls. They probably thought they were next or something."

Emilia hummed, nodding her head, "That's still messed up. Tate preaches positivity about people in the lgbtq plus community, but she's probably one of the girls who snitches on the girls, who do like girls, for 'looking' at her in the locker room."

The trio started to walk down to their lockers, Zach mostly waving and saying hello to some people he knew. Jack would just scoff and pitch his arm. Emilia smiles softly at the two. Even with Zach's past, Jack still was with him. He didn't care for the rumors or the things people would say about his boyfriend, Jack still decided to stay with Zach.

"So, is that a yes or no on the whole Kay thing?" Zach asked, making sure the other two were on board.

Jack shrugged, "I mean, I don't really care. Kay's chill, she just has a so many fan girls and fan boys, it's unreal."

Zach laughed before he licked his lips. He turned his head to face Emilia, "What about you, Em? You okay with Kay sitting with us?"

Emilia thought for a second. She knew that Kay was a player, that she had boys and girls lining up to be her next hookup, a lot of people didn't like her, also, she tried to get with Scarlett. But, if Jack and her were the last people Zach had to ask, then everyone else was okay with Kay sitting with them.

The shorter girls sighed before she nodded, "I'm okay with it."