The Becoming of the Fellowship

Boromir was quite annoyed at Aragorn and the rest of the council seemed intrigued at this heated discussion.

"And what would a ranger know of this matter." Boromir sneered at Aragorn.

Legolas suddenly arose from his set looking quite angered. I leaned forward with interest, Legolas looked like a sweet, remote person.

"He is no mere ranger. He is Aragorn son of Arathorn. You owe him your allegiance as you are a Steward of Gondor!" He exclaims.

I stared at the three men intrigued, Legolas was flaring with protectiveness. Aragorn had a proud look in his eyes, and Boromir was as white as a sheet of paper he was so embarrassed. For some reason this amused me.

"Aragorn?" Boromir asks color slowly returning to his face. "This is Islidur's heir?" He says as if this is all a joke.

"Of course he is." I almost stand up with anger. "He will become a great king one day."

Aragorn looks at me with a brotherly fondness.

"Gondor has no king! Nor will it need a king!" Boromir snaps just as Legolas sits back down. My blood boils with a burning hatred towards this man.

"Aragorn is right, we must not use this ring." Gandalf says changing the subject quite suddenly.

"There is only one choice, we must destroy this dreadful weapon." My father states.

There were many gasps that followed this statement. I looked over to poor Frodo who was terrified of the golden ring.

"Well what are we waiting for?" Says Gimli, he grabs his steel axe and struts over to the pedestal, the council draws in a breath as he slams the blade down onto the deadly weapon. shards of metal go everywhere as his axe breaks apart with a shriek. A small piece of steel whizzes past my head and I duck as it flys by, inches away from my cheek.

The red haired dwarf flys back and bangs his head on his seat. He is soon heaved to his feet by a few elves and dwarves.

"The ring can not be destroyed, Gimli son of Gloin by any mere weapon we have in our possession. It was crafted from the fires of Mount Doom, only there will we be able to cast it away and be rid of it for good. And one of you must take it there." My father sighs.

Everbody stared at him with disbelief.

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its black gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil that does not sleep and the Great Eye is ever-watchful. It is a barren wasteland riddled with fire and ash and dust. The very air you breathe is a poisonius fume. Not with ten thousand men could you do this. It is improbable." Boromir exclaims

"Maybe improbable, but not impossible." I say.

"Yes, and Lord Elrond has just explained that this evil ring must be destroyed." Legolas backs me up.

"And I suppose you think you're the one to do it Elf!" Gimli snarls standing up.

Legolas glares at the red headed dwarf. Elves have a talent of being able to hold a grudge for a very long time. You never want to mess with us.

"And if we fail? What then? What happens when Sauron takes back what is his?" Boromir stands and gestues to the ring.

everybody is soon angered and standing. The dwarves ae shoert in height but very frightening when they are mad.

"I will be dead before I see the Ring in the hands of an Elf! Never trust an Elf!" Gimli booms with venom in his voice.

"That is incredibly offensive!" I shout enraged.