He didn't give much of a readable reaction, but one of his breaths ran long and heavy.

He looked down at something in his lap once or twice. Something that preoccupied him more than the training and competition ahead.

"Speaking of training," You turned back around as papers shuffled in Aizawa's hands. "Doing it on your own is a waste of time. You need to build on each other's weaknesses. Make each other stronger. So, for that you'll choose a partner."

That got everyone out of their seats.

Everyone started whispering amongst each other, leaning over each other's desks, smiling at the anticipation of something other than boring hero informatics courses for the next few days.

Well.

Almost everyone.

"Tch." Bakugo's chin reflexively went back to his palm. "Can't we train by ourselves?" He groaned as Aizawa handed him the sheets you were meant to write your partner's names on.

"Oh c'mon Katsuki." You said, crossing your arms and waiting for him to turn around and face you. "We're supposed to work on our weak points. You can't go to rage therapy without a partner now, can you?"

"Shut it headset," He roughly shoved the stack of papers onto your desk. "Why don't you go be useful and teach some kids a chemistry class."

Giving him a fake pout, you stuck your tongue out and handed the papers back over your head to Midoriya.

"All of you shut up." Aizawa ordered, the class's whispers dying down. "I don't care who you choose, but do it now and do it quickly so I can nap."

"Urgh." Bakugo groaned, reading through the instructions on the sheet with his shoulders hunched like an old man.

Clicking your tongue, you cocked your head to the side to peer at the angry boy's face.

He acted like this was a drag, but the prospect of opportunity was never too much of a burden for him.

Actually he didn't seem that angry, once you craned your neck far enough to see his face.

Not a single frown line.
Just a lot of focus.

"See you, firecracker." You said, patting his head.

The unexpected gesture made him tense up and crinkle the paper in his hands.

"I know it's hard, but try not to murder your partner." You added.

With that he let out a growl, swatting your hand away like a pest.

Chuckling, you let him be and skipped to the back of class where Shoto sat.

He hadn't moved from earlier.

He was still looking down, hands in his lap, expression subtly less monotone than usual.

"Oh, don't look so glum Shoto." You tapped his shoulder with the sheet in hand. "At least this means Endeavor might give us a break at home. Plus I have a good plan to make those precision attacks of yours more accurate. If I move at different speeds that you can't anticipate, then maybe you can use your ice to--

"I'm not worried about that." He interrupted, looking up from his lap.

Your brows furrowed in concern for a second, but you shook it off.

"What's up then iceman? Think I'm getting too good to beat?" Crouching to the ground, you laid your forearms on his desk and perked your chin on your knuckles. "Hey, crack a smile for me, would you?"

The childlike mannerisms usually cheered him up, right?

But no.

Not this time.