Mahmood

In the summer after 11th grade I told my parents about wanting to get married and Alhamdulillah (thanks be to Allah) they didn’t have a problem with it like I thought they might. My uncle told the whole family that I was wanting to get married and the next day I had an offer. His name was Mahmood he was 28 and a very distant cousin of mine. He lived in Sweden at the time so all we could do was exchange pictures at the time and because of what had happened with Marwan I didn’t want to message him until it was okayed by my father.

Mahmood told me I was beautiful and said he wanted us to skype and I agreed. The next couple of days I wasn’t able to skype him because I had to attend weddings. When I got back on the third day he had asked my uncle how old I was and my uncle told him. Mahood then said, “I don’t want to marry her, she’s probably not mature enough for me.” Alhamdulillah I didn’t get attached to him so it didn’t hurt for him to say that to me. Even though that didn’t work out it was okay because he was not in the plan Allah has for me.

A couple days later though I got a message from Marwan saying he was wondering if I knew any women that would be good for him and that he missed me. I didn’t respond for the sake of my deen. All I can say if Alhamdulillah I ended that a long time ago.