Chapter 6

Chapter 6

        I stop and scratch the back of my bowed head.  "I was wondering, could you maybe come over to my house when you get down with school?  I mean, you don't have to, or anything.  It's just I'm going to be stuck there for a whole month!" I say and I look up at him questionably.   He starts laughing.

        "Are you going to be a damsel in distress?" he asks and I put the back of my hand to my forehead.

        "Oh woes me, I can't fit a shoe over my left foot!" I say and I start breaking out laughing along with Thomas.

        "Then I shall come to your rescue every day, that is unless the not-so evil stepmother doesn't kick me out," he says and smiles sweetly at me.

        "Are you kidding me?" I say and wave off his worries.  "She can't hurt a fly.  That is unless it's a paparazzi fly then it'll be good as dead," I say as we pull into Pizza Pie parking lot.  He holds up his hands.

        "I'm caught," he says while smiling grandly at me.  I bump his shoulder.

        "Hardey-har-har," I say as I go to reach inside my wallet just to have a warm hand touch mine.  I swear, it's one of those cheesy moments in those movies where the whole world stops and it's just the two teens looking into their eyes. 

        "I got this one, after all you are going to buy inside," he says and I smile.

        "If you insist," I say.  Never argue with a man who wants to pay for the cab fare.  "Stay there," he says as he gets out of the cab and comes around my side.  He opens up the door and reaches a hand in to help me out.  I come out smiling like a freak.

        "Thank you Sir Thomas.  You have just successfully saved a damsel in distress," I say laughing at his serious expression.

        Bowing he says, "What can I say?  I can't stop helping those distressed damsels," he says laughing.  I grab those stupid crutches and go inside the restaurant.  Smells of pizza, pies, and old memories gallop towards me as soon as I open the front door.  A little ding over heads alerts the employees that more customers have come.  We go over and take a four people red plush booth so I can put my foot up on the other seat.

        I young male waiter came to our table, "How may I help you?" he asks bored.  He glances up and makes eye contact with me.  "Is there anything I can do for you?" he asks suggestively.  I glare at him.

        I glance over at Thomas to see him throwing daggers at the waiter.  To tell you the truth, the waiter had nothing on Thomas.  His sandy blonde hair and lifeless hazel eyes couldn't even begin to compare with Thomas.  Wait, what am I saying?  I shake my head a little, "Thomas do you like cheese pizza?" I ask and he nods at me while still glaring at the waiter.  I turn my attention back to the waiter.  "We would like a large cheese pizza, one vanilla milk shake," I raise an eyebrow at Thomas.

        "A chocolate shake for me please," he says and smiles at me.  "Also two slice of," it's his turn to raise an eyebrow at me, "blueberry pie," and I nod. 

        "Will this be all Miss...?" he trails off in question.  Obviously, he's trying to get my name and I'll give it to him.

        "Lucy Strita," I see his smile grow bigger, "and who are you."

        The waiter leans onto our black and white checkerboard table, "Why don't you find out tonight?" he asks and I smile at him.

        "Well, Mr. Whydon'tyoufindouttonight, I think your boss would love to hear that you're hitting on costumers, especially costumers like us," I say and wave to include Thomas.  "Wouldn't he?" I say and the color drains from his face.