03

Job hunting was harder than Yeseul had thought it was going to be

Job hunting was harder than Yeseul had thought it was going to be. There weren't many jobs that paid well and didn't require a high school diploma

With each passing day, Yeseul was beginning to regret her decision of dropping out. Yeseul sighed as she watched over the soup she was making. The last two days, all they ate was ramen or soup.

She called her siblings to the dining table, and then brought out the soup. She waited in anticipation, her siblings stared quietly at the soup.

"Soup again? Can't we order chicken?" Jae complained. He's been really understanding and mature lately so hearing him complain meant it was really getting bad.

"We can order chicken over the weekend." Yeseul said with a small smile as she served them the food. She helped Joon and Haneul eat because she didn't want them to burn themselves. After the three finished eating, Yeseul looked into the pot to get soup for herself. It was empty.

"You ate already right Noona?" Jae asked as he rubbed his full stomach. Just seeing that all her siblings were full made her feel happy.

"Yup and I'm so full." She lied as she picked up the dishes to wash them.

"And noona, don't forget to order chicken for dinner tomorrow." Yeseul nodded as she disappeared into the kitchen to wash the dishes.

By the time she was done, her siblings had fallen asleep. Yeseul sat down on the couch and checked the time it was only 8:30. Most Friday nights, her family would play games. Her grandma loved card games. She missed it. Wiping away a stray tear, she stood up.

She heard that the local bar was always hiring girls to work as waitresses. It wasn't a prideful job, but she wouldn't sit around waiting for something to fall out of the sky. She quit school to keep her siblings happy, and she wasn't doing a very good job of it. Grabbing her jacket, she slipped out the door. She'd never been to or near the bar, well of course, but she still knew where it was. It's music could always be heard faintly on their street after 11 when it opened. The elders all hated it so much.

Yeseul could walk to it because it was so close. Entering she was surprised that the door was unlocked even though it was too early for the bar to be open.

"Excuse me?" She called softly. The room was empty.

"We're not open yet." A man came out of the back room.

"Oh well, I actually had a question." Yeseul passed her cheeks flaming. She felt gross just asking. "Are you currently hiring." The man looked her up and down. Yeseul crossed her arms over her chest feeling uncomfortable.

"As a matter of fact, we are." He said smiling. "Follow me." Yeseul was reluctant, but followed anyway. She was prepared to run if the guy turned out to be a creep.

He knocked on a door at the end of the dark hallway and then opened it. The room was filled with women. They were all doing make up and getting ready.