Chapter 5: A menacing smirk.

Start from the beginning

"Right?" Jai thought.

A few minutes later it was confirmed that there is no chance for Jai or any other candidate on his father's list, will be the perfect one as Paul. Not even the most loyal Board members can convince the remaining people to appoint Jai for the position or even Jyothi for the name.

~*~

"You know this Jai. Paul is capable of this position. Even your father said that he deserved more than the post of a P.A. It's only temporary anyway. Once your father recovers we will look for a solution," were the words Jyothi uttered to console her son.

"It's not like I deserved that position, Ma. But I'm worried how low can these people fall in Papa's absence," he said in a low tone.

Jai rose from his chair and closed the button of his blazer. He walked outside the conference room and looked to find Paul. Paul wasn't alone. He was being congratulated by some Board people, and he had a tight smile on his face. Jai walked towards him and pushed his hand for a handshake, congratulating him. Paul took Jai's hand and said a proud, "Thank you."

"I hope you will be able to show your worthiness when my father recovers."

"I hope for the same, Jai."

"Good, I'll take leave then," said Jai and left along with his mother with a defeated face.

The press and public were informed soon about the appointment of Paul McKenzie as the CEO of the new Hotel chains of Malhotra Industries. The stock prices, however, seemed to remain a little constant.

~*~

Two months passed by in Rajiv's absence. The cleaner who surprisingly survived the crash with fewer injuries was questioned by the police a few hours later in the accident after he confirmed that the driver along with him was drunk when the accident happened. and jailed for drunk driving, as well as hit and run.

Many changes took place in everyone's life. Jai started taking part in the business and tried to work sincerely at his office, just like his father always wanted. Rajiv's condition didn't show any improvement.

Rohan and Mahika started spending more time together in these two months which lead to a new step in their 14 years of two-sided- hesitated and buried love, as Rohan finally decided to propose to her. Mahika became overwhelmed and took a week to accept that proposal keeping in view her modeling career as well as her father's current position. Her desire to reach the heights in modeling had already been achieved during the past years. She is a well-known model in India and has just started her international career. With her perfect figure and flawless beauty, she wooed many hearts. But she always thought about if it was the only thing she ever wanted to achieve. No. She wanted to take a break. She wanted to get married and enjoy her life, while still working in the industry.

~*~

Now that Rajiv Malhotra's body stopped responding to the treatment that he had been receiving, a lot of tensions arose in the Malhotra Industries. The tumor found his head added more fuel.

Jai rubbed his eyes furiously to stop his tears of frustration after looking at his father's will, which he came across just two days ago, at the general meeting held at the conference hall, the digital version of his father's will is displayed. Karan, who was also present at the meeting as the attorney Malhotra's and is currently looking at the will, never knew that his friend would do such a thing. He is aware of their conversation regarding threatening Jai into marriage, by keeping his assets as bait. But he never expected that Rajiv would work on his actual will, especially without his knowledge.