Part - 13

"Bitiya ko bulaiye Kishore ji ...sagai ka muhurat ho gaya.."The pandit told Kishore to bring Sanyukta for ceremony.

Everybody from both side were present in the hall.Now their eyes impatiently stuck on the staircase .

"Sanaya..bring Di .."Ankit phoned Sanaya.

Randhir's eyes raised when he heard gasping of everyone.He forgot to breathe for some moments when he saw her stepping down in kitten steps.

"She is looking like a princess.."Renu exclaimed running towards her future daughter in law.

"My angel.."she kissed Sanyukta's forehead while she lowered her eyes feeling shy around her family and her future in law..and..Him.

"Nazar na lage kisi ki meri bachchi ko.."Anju put a kala teeka behind her ear.

They held Sanyukta from either side and led her where everyone gathered for the ceremony.

"Looking pretty my child.."Harsh smiled caressing her head.

"And my future brother in law is looking mote handsome.."Sanaya chipped standing beside Randhir.

Soon Pandit ji started holy mantras and asked Sanyukta to make him wear the ring .

"Randhir.."Renu nudged him to forward his hand.

All this while they didn't share any eye contact.

He stared the shy innocent girl in fromt of him who was going to be his fiancee in some time.

"Sanyu pehnao ring Randhir ko.."Kishore told his daughter as she was looking down.

Slowly with trembling hands she took the ring from her mother and brought her hand closer to his.She wanted to avoid touching his hand so tried to slip ring without holding his hand.

"You can hold my hand by your free hand Sanyukta.."he said in low yet teasing tone.

His deep raspy voice shuddered her entire body finally she muster up the courage to match his intense gaze.

"I am waiting.."he smiled smugly.

She lowered her eyes instantly and slipped the ring in no time.

"Randhir..Its your turn..and please don't take as much as Sanyukta took time...we are tired of standing ."Renu whined childishly.

"I won't Mom.."saying this he grabbed her hand and made her wear the ring.His unexpected action numbed her .She stood frozen while he watched her all red face and smiled mentally.

Everybody clapped and blessed the new engaged couple.After then they didn't get time to look at each other.

After the ceremony the relatives started leaving as they lived in local nearby areas.It was now only Agrawal and Shekhawat family left.They changed into comfortable clothes.

They all seated in the garden .

"I still can't believe my son is engaged to a woman.."Harsh said eyeing his son.For his surprise Randhir didn't look annoyed .

"Harsh ji kar lijiye vishwas.."Anju said giving him the cup of tea.

"Maa..sit I'll serve everyone.."Sanaya stopped her and served everybody their tea.

"Ankit jakar dekho agar Sanyu ne change kar liya ho to usse le aao.."Kishore told Ankit.

Ankit nodded affirmatively and turned to go when Sanyukta came there after changing in her casual  kurta salwar.

"Come sit here.."Renu patted the vacant place beside her.Sanyuktw silently sat .

It was a bit awkward for her.Her parents were sitting just in front of her but she felt the other family is showing their rights on her when her own parents were there.