« Four: Caught »

———
« Four: Caught »
———

     Mochizou had been spacing out in the counter, it was his turn to look after his family shop. Whenever he's in shift, his one hand would be on the surface while the other propped her head with a bored expression painted on his face. There were no sight of customers wandering around the area. His lips left a weary sigh and promptly, the image of the [COLOUR] haired girl popped easily into his mind.

     "I wonder why she's not visiting right now..." Mochizou trailed off, tapping his index finger softly on the surface. He shook his head as to why would he be looking forward to see her. But he admit, the girl was something that he wanted to discover.

     "Owh!" He whined as he spin his head to found his Mother was the one who smacked the back of his head with a rolled magazine in hand. He rub the the spot to reduce the pain. "That hurts." He complained.

     "Homework, now." Michiko demanded, having a stern expression on her face before it turned into a mischievous one. "Or just continue thinking about the girl from the other day."

     Mochizou's eyes widened in realization, face turned pink at her words. Did I said it out loud?

     "OK." Mochizou meekly said, avoiding his Mother's teasing gaze, "I'll do my homework," he added as he moved out of the counter and hastily walked toward his room upstairs to hide his embarrassment, leaving his Mother entertained by his behavior.

     Then, through the transparent glass of the Ricecake Oh! Zee door, Michiko saw the Tama-ya's door slide open from the corner of her brown and angular eyes as she watched Tamako and the [COLOUR] haired girl exited the door with Dera perched on the dark haired girl's head.

     [NAME] caught Michiko's gaze as the [COLOUR] haired girl shortly bowed her head in greeting. Michiko's lips morphed into a smile and send a wave before marching away to join her husband.

    [NAME] looked back at the girl in front of her. "Thank you for this day, Tamako. I have lots of fun!" Tamako deserves to hear her thoughts on this day.

     Tamako felt glad to know the [COLOUR] eyed girl enjoyed her time with her, "I felt the same too!" Dera hopped off the dark haired girl's head and landed on the ground. Tamako felt the weight on her head lighten and looked down at the bird. "Dera-chan, where are you going?"

     Dera effeminately moved his body as he walked beside the [COLOUR] haired girl. "I'm going to escort young lady to her house, of course."

     [NAME] shook her head and motioned her index finger to indicate 'no'. "There's no need for it."

     Rejection struck on Dera's whole body. "Well..." [NAME] meet eyes with Tamako and waved her hand. "I'll see you tomorrow at school."

     "Bye-bye, [NAME]-chan." Tamako reciprocate the action, looking forward to it.

     [NAME] turned her back and began to march her feet, leaving Tamako and Dera standing outside the Tama-ya. The sun had kissed goodbye to the sky as it was now night and the stars slowly made an appearance. [NAME] heard light footsteps following her own or rather — bird-steps on the way.

     She let a sigh of weary. This bird never listen. [NAME], without taking a look behind, said: "Bird-san—"

     "Young lady, I told you to call me Dera!" The flamboyant bird interrupted with vexation in his voice. He had been insisted her to call him by his name for crying out loud and she still called him 'Bird'.