3

Carly's POV

I took the mask off my face as Colson and I left a Starbucks. I took a sip of my coffee and looked up at Colson as he took his mask and put it in his hoodie pocket and held his hand out for mine. I handed mine to him and he did the same with mine. He took my hand in his as we walked towards his car, I could see a little ways ahead of us some people with cameras.

"You deal with that everyday?" I asked and looked up at Colson.

"Well, every time I go out, yeah." He replied.

"Doesn't it ever get old?" I asked.

"I guess, I'm just used to it at this point." He replied.

We got to his car and he unlocked it, opening the passenger door for me. I thanked him and got in. He shut the door and walked around to the other side. He got in and shut the door.

"How are you feeling?" He asked as he put his drink in the cup holder. "I know this is all new to you." He added on.

I took a sip of my drink and put it in the cup holder. "I'm okay, thank you for asking." I replied and smiled. "Your car is so nice, I've never even been near a car this nice before." I said and looked around at the car.

He chuckled. "Thanks." He said and opened up the glove box in front of me.

He grabbed a joint from it and put it between his lips. I laughed a little and he furrowed his eyebrows and looked over at me. He lit it and took a drag.

"What's so funny?" He asked.

"You had a joint in your glove box ready to go?" I asked and laughed again.

He laughed. "Well, yeah. Of course." He said and took another drag. "You smoke?" He asked and moved his arms towards me, joint between his fingers.

"Yes, I do." I replied and took the joint from his hand. "Thank you." I said.

He nodded and began driving, turning on the radio. I took a hit and exhaled the smoke before taking another one and handing the joint back over to Colson. He took it from my hand and took a drag.

Sean hates when I smoke, I know I'm going to get an earful when I get home. I know he'll smell it on me. Colson cracked both of our windows and handed the joint back to be after taking another hit.

We went back and forth with the joint for a while before it was gone, Colson took the last hit and put it in the ashtray. I grabbed my cup of coffee and took a few drinks before putting it back in the cup holder.

"So, this your place?" Colson asked as we pulled up in front of my house.

I felt a pang of sadness. I know Colson and I haven't really been talking much, but just being with him and away from Sean is a breath of fresh air. I hate going home.

I forced a smile. "Yep, this is my house." I replied and unbuckled. I grabbed my coffee and my book bag from the floor.

I put it over my shoulder and looked over at Colson. "Thanks for the ride home, I really appreciate it." I said.

"Nah, don't mention it." He said and smiled at me. "I'll pick you up again tomorrow." He said.

I nodded and got out of the car, shutting the door behind me. I started to walk up to my porch when the door swung open. Sean was standing there and once again, he looks pissed.

He quickly made his way down the steps and over to me. "Where the hell were you?! You're an hour later than you said you'd be-" He cut himself off and sniffed. "And did you smoke? Are you high?" He asked.

"Sean, Colson smokes. I just smell like weed because of him. Please calm down." I said.

"No, you're fucking lying!" He yelled and grabbed onto my arm. "Inside now!" He yelled in my face.

He yanked me and I dropped my coffee, it splattered all over the pavement and I heard a car door open. I looked over and Colson was walking over to me. I thought he had drove away!

"Hey, get the fuck off her." Colson said.

"Colson, I'm okay-"

"Like hell you are!" Colson cut me off angrily. "I said get off her, NOW!" Colson yelled at Sean.

Colson is 6'4 and Sean stands at 5'9, Colson is towering over him and his chest is going up and down with how angry he is.

Sean didn't say anything. He let go of my arm and looked at me. "You're a fucken whore." He said.

Colson got in Sean's face and grabbed onto his shirt. "Leave her the fuck alone!" He yelled. "What the fuck is your problem?!" He yelled and shoved Sean.

Sean stumbled and fell to the ground. "Next time you touch her, you're going to get much, much worse than that." Colson said. "Come on, Carly." He said and started walking back to his car.

I looked back at Sean and quickly ran to catch up with Colson. Colson opened the passenger door for me again. I got in and shut it. He walked back to the drivers side and got in, quickly speeding away.

"You're staying at my house tonight and as long as necessary." He said.

"I don't want to overstep." I said and looked over at him.

He glanced over at me. "No, trust me you're not. You're not going back to him. I don't tolerate a man putting his hands on a woman." He said. "We'll get your stuff soon, you're not staying with him." He said.

I just nodded and looked out the window and smiled a little. I'm finally getting away from him, away from Sean. I'm so happy to finally be breaking away from him. After years of being stuck with him, I'm free.

(A/N: Thank you so much for reading! I hope you enjoyed! Please vote, it's greatly appreciated! Feedback is always welcome & encouraged! Okay bye!)