128.

i wish that this horrible plague had never been dosed upon me. then again, i never would wish it upon someone else, so i'd rather have it.

i don't like listening to my heart monitor beep, it's irregular. i don't want to be irregular, i want to be normal.

"if there was anything in the world you could have right now, what would it be?" luke asks me as we cuddle with cally.

"a heart." he has a thoughtful look on his face before he nods slowly.

"besides that." i sigh, looking out my window at the evening sky. the colors we atrociously beautiful, mixing and blending together to make one of pure uniqueness.

"i want to see the stars." i reply. the doctors never let me outside and the small window provided nothing but a very few amount of the twinkling beauties.

"okay." he kisses my head making me smile as warmth soars through my body. "your mom will be here soon, love." he says softly. i only nod, my eye lids drooping slowly. "i'll be back later, okay?" he presses another kiss to my head and pulls the blankets over my chest, hiding cally after he stroked her once more.

once he reaches the door, him and my mom trade places in the doorway. "hey calum. how are you feeling?" she asks softly, her hand landing gently on my shoulder. i shrug. my fingers stroke over cally's pelt gently. "michael came by. wanted to know how you're doing." i remain silent, waiting for her to continue. "i told him to leave, so he did. he obviously didn't care enough to visit you." she mumbles and i shrug again, feeling the vibration of her purring against my hand. he probably doesn't visit because he doesn't know where i am. i wanted to say. i didn't.

"i'm tired, mum." i whisper. she nods, her expression growing soft as she brushes my hair to the side.

"okay darling. go to sleep. mali should be here when you wake up. go to sleep." she whispers. i swear I saw her eyes water, i don't mention it. i only nod.

"i love you, mum."

"i love you too, baby doll." she smiles at me and sits next to me in the uncomfortable chairs. i send a mental message to her to make sure my precious kitten doesn't escape and slowly close my eyes.

"baby, wake up." i hear what im sure is a couple of hours later, but it felt like two minutes.

"wha--" i open my eyes wearily and look around to see the whole room covered in white Christmas lights as well as those stickers you put on the ceiling of your room as a child."luke--what's all this?" i whisper, sitting up slowly, hearing the soft meowls of protest from under the blankets.

"you said you wanted to see the starts again, and, well, they wouldn't let me take you outside so i brought the stars to you." he smiles, moving his arms in a presenting matter as i look around in awe.

"you--you didn't have to do all this for me." i insist him, but he just smiles.

"yes i did. you're a heavy sleeper." he chuckles and pecks my cheek softly.

"can we make like an ed sheeran song and kiss under this makeshift lamp post?" i ask innocently.

"you're a dork." he mumbles against my lips with a large smile.

"go lock the door." i mumble softly, nodding my head in it's direction. he smiles and moves from me and towards the door, flipping the lock on.

he comes back over to me and presses a heavy kiss to my lips. "you have to go slow." i tell him. he nods and gently picks up cally, setting her down on the chair next to the bed and pressed our bodies together as well as our lips.

a/n: I hope you guys are satisfied 😌