15. A 711 confession?

As I walked inside the house I glanced at Beetlejuice.

"Beej what's wrong?" I said concerned. His hair was burnt orange with yellow tips. He looked to me with soft eyes as I notice his hand flex. His nails were pointed. Something is wrong...right? His lips shifted along with movements of his eyes. He looked like he was searching for words. He slumped over a little.

"Nothing just tired is all ." I cut my eyes not believing him but not pushing it. I smiled placing a hand on his shoulder.

"Well, you get some sleep I'll run some errands. Okay, bug boy?" He chuckled tiredly as he dragged himself upstairs. Hearing my door shut I pulled out the note and smirked to my self. "Time to find my rugged Romeo." I walked over to my table by the door grabbing a sleek pocket knife. I ran out the door with nothing but my keys, knife, the note, and 10 dollars. I know where he is!

I soon approached a small 7/11 amongst the dark gloomy night. Walking in I filled up 2 extra-large SLURPEE's one red and the other a mix of green and blue. Approaching the counter I smiled at the tanned teen boy holding a Mountain Dew red. He grinned at me as he began putting in the info. His upper arm had a PAC-man tattoo. "Nice tatt... Um." His brown eyes looked up as he chuckled.

"The names Micheal! Nice to meet you." I chuckled as he handed me my SLURPEE's.
I handed him 5 dollars in exchange.

"Well Micheal it's nice to meet you, my name is Y/n." I saw a slim figure further away from start to approach in a long coat. It's him alright. " Well, Micheal this is my signal I'll see ya around." I waved as he lifted up a peace sign with his same grin. I walked out of the gas station to sit on the pavement waiting for him. He finally approached as he came to a stop, looming over me. I chuckled patting the pavement beside me. He nodded sitting beside me quickly as I handed him the half-melted sucrose substance.

He quickly took it and happily chugged it down. The red liquid slowly spilled from his lips. Complimenting the dark circles under his eyes. The cheap gas station lights above us flickered the fluorescent red briefly appeared to be crimson. "H-hey be careful you'll get a brain freeze!" He chuckled holding up a hand as he tossed the cup.

"It's fine I'm used to it. So y/n ...what colors you got in your cup?"

"Green and Blue. It's really good." I chuckled as I slipped at the cold saccharine liquid as the color stained my tongue. JD smiled with tired eyes.

"Are you cursed or something?" I glanced over to him taking another swig of my drink I hummed quizzically in response. " You have a ghost following you don't play dumb." My eyes widened slightly. Swallowing I felt a chilling sensation settle into my body. His eyes were doing something to me. Whether it's good or not was left up in the air.

"Yeah, he's a companion of sorts." I looked at the ground. And then up at him. The cheap fluorescent lights dimmed.

" He's not completely human. You can tell by his scent. He smells strongly of devils claw." His eyes were stern yet they held a deep concern. "However you don't have to worry. That could just be the distinct scent of him and nothing more. But we already have something in common. I have a ghost that follows me too." He gave me a soft crooked smile. Finishing my drink I stuck out my tongue to see its color. A deep chuckle rolled out from JD causing his necklace to jingle softly.

"This was nice...talking to you I mean." I hummed out tiredly.

"Likewise. I owe you for the drink so at least let me walk you home." I nod with a tired grin as we began walking to my house. When we eventually reached my yard I waved goodbye and went inside. As I walked away I saw him look up at my bedroom window and smile. Odd but maybe he's being friendly with Beetlejuice?

Quick A/n: In such trying times I figured it would be good to use my platform. Please SAY THEIR NAMES! Scream them if you have to! May they never be forgotten for the injustice they have been slaughtered by! These people have suffered. Protestors please stay safe and help each other you have my best wishes. People who can't protest if you have privilege speak up if you can't protest sign petitions! But do not donate to change.org the money will not go to the cause. God speed.