23. The finale

Waking up the next day I yawned stretching. My eyes wandering over to the man beside me, he slept looking disheveled. I chuckled petting his mossy green hair that glowed softly underneath my fingers as he loudly snored.

"Wake up Beetles." I said, gently shaking him. He stirred around and grinned up at me.

"Morning Babes." He cooed behind a smirk. His hair flaring up in a soft pink. I softly kissed him.

"We need to talk about the contract."

"S-shit babes I thought we moved on!" He replied nervously his hair flashing to a stark white.

"We have. I'm just curious, what was it anyway?"

"It was just a contract saying you'd marry me so I could become human."

"Ignoring that first part why do you want to be human?"

"Juno wanted me to! Said that's the only way you'd love me babes!"

"You think being a ghost changes how I feel?" I asked with a breathy chuckle. He merely nodded nervously.

"I didn't want to rush things honestly! You're the first breather to like me at all in centuries! I was just following orders." I cupped his face with a forgiving smile.

"Beej you don't need to be human for me to love you ya silly bug."

"R-really babes!?"

"Really, marriage can wait though okay." With this he happily nodded as he steeped me up in an embrace.

"I love you Babes." He mumbled while nuzzling my cheek.

"I love you to Beej now let's go get ready to scare the neighbors!" And with that we went about our morning.

Here I was loving death, and death was loving.
Amantes Mortem.

A/n: Thank you so much for reading the final chapter of Amantes Mortem! I'm so sorry this is rushed but I came to understand the readers were losing interest and I'm going on to college so updates would have been sparse. If you enjoyed this feel free to read my other x readers. I have some big plans for future stories! Thank you to all my loyal readers. I will answer any questions in the comments :).