One- Dead Roses

You may be wondering why this book is called 'Dead Roses', am I correct?

Well everyone thinks that flowers, not just roses, are beautiful until they start dropping, losing their color and start drying out.
Until they begin to die.

For me that part is the most intriguing part.

I recently picked a single flower- a frangipani to be specific -from my mothers garden and placed it in a vase in my bedroom. So I could photograph it each day as it slowly begins to fall apart, die.

The first few days it was still alive and fresh, pretty boring really. Then slowly came the days when the water in the vase was running low and the flower petals began to dry up, lose their color, become crisp. Then curl up. The flower began to droop and the petals started falling until they were scattered in a mix of on my desk and at the bottom of the vase.

Until there was nothing left.

The.

Flower.

Was.

Dead.

And it was one of the most beautiful things I have ever witnessed.

Yesterday my mother threw out her roses just as that process was starting. They never got to live to their full potential. And I'm positive that the dead roses would of been just if not more stunning dead just like the frangipani.