Still staring at her phone, when the duo reached the counter, Rylee motioned a quick manicured hand at her friend, motioning for her to recite their order. She quickly resumed typing away on her phone a second later.

Her friend, a younger girl with tanned skin and darker brunette locks looked up at me, smiling wide as she rambled off what she wanted. She had a bright attitude and even brighter smile, and I couldn't help but instantly like her, despite her choice in friend.

I glanced back down at my own screen to type in her order and pass it over to Sabrina, until I momentarily become distracted when Rylee speaks up.

"Taylor you know that the scones don't fit in with my diet, I can't eat those" she sighs, obviously agitated with her friend's choice in dessert.

"Oh yeah I know, but I really wanted one for myself" her friend, now known as Taylor, smiles back, "they looked really good. You don't have to eat it though!" she quickly reassures, waving her hands slightly for emphasis.

"No that's not how it works. If I can't eat it then you shouldn't be able to either". Rylee's irritation was obviously growing due to the way she executed her last few words. Her fingers rapidly squeezed on the side of her coffee cup that I hadn't realized she was holding earlier, looking as it was going to combust under her tight grip.

Hestitanly, feeling a growing need to defend the other girl, I quickly mumbled my words hoping it would settle the tense air that seemed to cloud the three of us. Thankfully, besides the girls in front of me, the bakery had seemed to clear out as it was approaching later in the afternoon. Because of that, I had to be thankful that the scene Rylee was starting to cause wasn't being witnessed by any bystanders.

As the words fall from my mouth, Rylee's stare tears from Taylor and instead settles directly on me.

Taking me in, a small smirk settles on her face as she inwardly recounts our encounter from last weekend. Any hope I was holding onto to that she wouldn't recognize me immediately disintegrates as she looks me up and down.

"What did you say?" she orders, her open hand that previously held her phone settling on her hip.

As soon as the words came out, I knew I would regret them. Yet, I couldn't find it in me to keep from repeating them.

"I said that she should be able to order whatever she wants", I repeat, this time much louder than before. I couldn't help the waver in my voice and desperately wished that Sabrina was here to handle the situation. She was much better at confronting and coming up with comebacks than I was.

Rylee slightly nods her head, taking in what I just said. "Yeah that's what I thought", she responds, the small smirk on her face from before only growing.

Why though I had no idea.

That was until I felt the slight burn of the coffee drenching me from over the countertop.

My mouth immediately fly's open as I take in exactly what just happened, looking down from my drenched work uniform, back up to the brunette's sickening face and empty cup.

Taylor looked equally as shocked as myself, bringing up her hands to cover her gaping mouth. "I've been wanting to do that since last week", she slyly remarks, tossing her now empty cup onto the counter. Whatever was remaining in it spills slightly around me, wetting whatever was in contact with it.

The initial shock of the gesture still hadn't subsided by the time Rylee turned around and walked back out the door, her high ponytail swinging mockingly behind her. Taylor still stood there though, grabbing napkins and trying her best to rapidly clean up the mess that her friend had left.