Chapter 49

My silver hair was beautifully braided around my head like a crown. Lucas even added a gold color ribbon making the braid more refine.

I jumped out of the chair and turned to the captain. "I'm sorry for doubting you, Sir Lucas."

"It's fine, princess. I always wanted to do this to my future daughter someday," he said patting my head gingerly trying not to ruin his work. "It's like I've become your second father after this."

A warm smile sat on my lips, liking the small action he did.

Then I remembered that I was planning to give those to Lucas. I went to one of the drawers and ripped the paper from the sketchbook. I made way to my closet before going back to the captain.

With a bright smile, I said, "Thank you for everything, Lucas." The two objects I made was far the best since I kept improving my art skills. A drawing of him holding a bouquet of Ryllis flowers and a handkerchief with green vines at each corner and his initial using red tread.

"On second thought, please marry me," Lucas said after receiving them.

I don't mind marrying a handsome captain. If that's the case wouldn't I be safe with him protecting me as his wife? I can even make him brush my hair every day. And age wasn't a problem.

"Your thoughts are slipping out, princess. I take my words back. His majesty and the prince will kill me if you were to become my wife."

Why's that? Lucas was still a young noble man and has an important role in the kingdom. He's pretty much on the top of the other bachelors that the female seeks to marry.

". . . What a shame," I said in disappointment.

"Speaking of prince," he quickly switched the topic. "Why don't we visit him together?"

And so we did.

The crown prince's room was on the second floor just right below mine. He was surprised to see me when I entered his room. He still looks exhausted but his complexion was coming back.

"W-w-what is she doing here, Lucas?"

A despondent feeling stir inside me. I didn't want Aiden to push me aside for my beneficial use but the truth was I was unhappy how he acts like he doesn't want to see me at all.

It broke my heart when I walked to the side of his bed and saw him looking like he wanted to run. I bowed at my brother, "I'm sorry."

"Ah– no. That's. . You shouldn't apologize, sister."

I looked up at him with a hope that he wasn't angry at all but his face held conflicting emotion. He didn't want my apology.

What did I do wrong? It was as if I was a husband trying to figure out his wife cryptic cause of attitude.