Rise of Kingdoms | Kozume Kenma

warnings: slight manga spoiler, just mentions of the character's future occupation

word count: 1.4k

a/n: I played this game back in 2019 and I was so obsessed with it that I always open the game during breaks and sometimes during class too when we're not doing anything. XD

—————————

You pull your left leg up the sofa, resting your chin on your knee as you continue scrolling through your phone, a cup of warm coffee resting just beside it as the pitter-patter of the rain just outside the window reaches your ears.

Kenma was currently upstairs in his gaming room recording another video for his channel, while you stayed in the living room, patiently waiting for him to finish so the two of you could have some rainy afternoon cuddles.

Taking a sip of your coffee, you look up from your phone's screen when you heard footsteps walking towards the living room, watching as your boyfriend dragged his feet to where you are and flop himself beside you. Resting his head on your shoulder as he let out a sigh.

"Tired?" you ask, running a hand through his hair as you felt him nod his head. Picking up your mug, you brought it to his lips as he took a sip of your coffee, a satisfied hum leaving his lips as the warm drink went down his throat, warming him just a little.

You let him stayed there, your right hand playing with his hair while the other continue tapping on the screen, your attention now focused on the game you had been playing for about 4 hours now.

It was quite addicting, to say the least, it's not as intense as the games Kenma usually plays but the threat of having your city getting burned down or a potential alliance war happening does keep you on edge.

Finding a group of barbarians just outside your city, you click on it as you send your troops marching, forgetting that you had the volume on causing Kenma to jerk slightly next to you when the familiar battle cry of your troop commanders and the sounds of clashing erupted from your device's speaker.

"Sorry" you sheepishly said, guiding his head back down on your shoulder as you turned down the volume.

"What game is that?" you heard him ask, as you tap the battle log to check the loots you have gathered.

"It's called Rise of Kingdoms, have you heard of it?" you answered, as he let out a hum as he recalled any memory of encountering the said game.

"Some of my fans have mentioned it before and I was meaning to check it out but I forgot" he sat up straight; leaning forward when you zoomed in on your city to show him the inside "Did you design that? It looks nice"

You chuckled "It took me almost 3 hours redesigning it last night, and I'm happy it turned out great"

He raises an eyebrow at you, an amuse look making its way on to his face "So that's why you were up so late"