"Don't worry, she won't. My mother just said it casually. I don't know where she heard the rumor that day. It's okay, listen to me. And it's nothing serious even if she really heard something. You're the most innocent one!" Di Yan actually didn't know the truth of the matter. What he knew was nothing but what Qin Yuru had told him. She mentioned that Qi Tianyu was fond of her and sought marriage in front of Qin Huaiyong.

Qin Huaiyong agreed because he was ignorant of the relationship between her and Di Yan.

But she would never agree. When she was about to break off the engagement, Qi Wanru came out, saying that she was willing to marry Qi Tianyu. Therefore, Qin Wanru naturally took responsibility for the marriage. At that time Magistrate Qi merely asked for marriage for his son with the daughter of Qin's mansion, he didn't clearly point out that he wanted Qin Yuru to marry his son.

However, Qin Wanru went back on her word. She had feelings for the Second Young Master of Qi's mansion and was unwilling to marry the First Young Master of the Qi Family. Thus, she blew up the affair, asserting that the one Qi Tianyu wanted to marry was actually Qin Yuru. So, Qin Wanru implicated her with disrepute.

In the whole process, Qin Yuru portrayed herself as one who was innocent and soulful, whereas Qi Wanru was born with wanton behavior. She couldn't be a good girl!

"Okay, cousin, I will listen to you!" Qin Yuru said obediently. "Come and play when you're free."

"Okay, okay, okay!" Di Yan was still rather satisfied with Qin Yuru's dependence on him with such airs and graces, thus he was willing to coax her patiently. He thought that it would be fine to marry his cousin who was as pretty as a flower and jade and was affectionate. With her mild temper, she would have no objection if he eventually intended to marry some more concubines.

His elder cousin seemed not as beautiful as his younger cousin!

"Cousin, I feel that my second cousin is so young. Does she really know what it means to get married?" having said something to amuse Qin Yuru, Di Yan involuntarily asked her, with a delicate but childish face crossing his mind in an instant.

"Cousin, don't you trust me?" Qin Yuru bit her lip with tears trickling down her cheeks.

"Why won't I trust you? Who are you and what is our relationship? Why would I trust an outsider!" Di Yan reached out to wipe Qin Yuru's tears, saying to himself that he must be kind to such a delicate cousin in the future and not allow others to bully her.

Seizing the opportunity to bury herself in Di Yan's chest, Qin Yuru pulled his clothes and said with a grievance, "My second sister always seems like a charming girl, but it's a facade. You see, she's arrogant now. She calls my mother not mother but madam. Mother raised her for so many years, and she's worked really hard to do so but she does not get any credit!"

Di Yan agreed with what she said. "Your family is quite out of order. Though Shui Ruolan is my uncle's concubine and my second cousin has been entrusted to her, my second cousin should be warmer when meeting my aunt. At the very least, my second cousin can call your mother her aunt."

He was blind to what was going on, feeling that it was a little out of order unless his aunt had done something. However, he did not consider that his aunt had done something wrong in this matter! Besides, before he came here, his father has warned him against talking nonsense even when he saw that his uncle didn't like his aunt. His father would settle the matter.

"Cousin!" Qin Yuru felt increasingly wronged, directly throwing herself into Di Yan's arms!

Di Yan was both distressed and excited. It was difficult for him to calm down when Qin Yuru, who was pretty and had such a nice hourglass figure, buried herself into his arms. After a while, he realized that this was Qin's mansion, thus he choked down the desire in his heart and patted her back to appease her in a low voice. "It doesn't matter. Now you're in the capital city, Duke Yong's mansion will shelter you. Uncle can't treat you badly!"