Month 51 - March (Spring): PHASE 2

The day drags on into night and yet they still fight on. The Dragon Army makes a valiant stand as Lilith burns through hundreds of spiders and zombies. The legendary dragon knights attempt to break through the enemies to reach the isolated griffon knights. Before they are able to reach them, they are beset upon by undead lion knights, rogue lion knights who have sworn their souls to Azi Dahaka.

Meanwhile, Lilith blindfolds herself just as the Lich-dragon descends upon the battlefield. All those under the Lich-dragon's gaze crumple to the ground and cry in despair. Only the strongest of warriors are able to maintain their composure.

Some soldiers are instantly driven to madness and flee the battlefield, only to be slaughtered like animals. Heaps of bodies litter the field and the dying are crushed by the weight of the living. Large clumps of zombies push through the battle lines and engulf the royal bodyguards. In the chaos, desperate soldiers watch in horror as the royal banners of Ravenstern and D'Shar fall amongst heaps of zombies. Even the banner of Lilith falls as the bannermen beside Dame Siora are cut to pieces where they stand.

But one man stands above the rest. His armour, stained red and black from the blood of friend and foe alike. His sword cleaves through the oncoming spider and zombie hordes like a knife through paper.

Behind Sir Evran, one bannerman holds the knight's bloodstained household colours high in his right hand and a torch in his left so that all can see where greatest knight in Pendor makes his stand. The warriors around him rally to his side and fight on. Their torches act as a beacon of hope in the darkness of the nighttime battlefield.

And yet, their hope turns to despair when massive ten foot tall rhinos rampage through them and destroy any semblance of army cohesion. Poisonous snakes pour out of holes in their backs. Fighting becomes sluggish now, those who are exhausted are easily consumed by snakes or trampled by the masses.

The followers of Jaysus finally arrive at the battle and join the forces of Azi Dahaka, much to the horror of the Dragon Alliance. Mackabee Innocent takes the form of the worm that walks, engulfing soldiers in one move and eating injured men alive.

High above the battlefield, Lilith and the Lich-Dragon fall down from their air battle, clawing and biting each other.

Their bodies fall upon the arriving Shadow Legion that has come to reinforce Azi Dahaka's forces, crushing the entire unit.

Both dragons are dead, but without Lilith, what hope is there?

---

DRAGON ALLIANCE (defenders)
Ravenstern = 376
D'Shar = 1187
Lady Viola 0 15 8 27
Order of the Dragon 0 0 0 109
Dame Siora 0 0 0 1
Dame Solstice 0 0 0 1
Sir Evran 0 0 0 1
Dame Cara 0 0 1

AZI DAHAKA (attackers)
Bacchus Empire (Corrupted) = 378
Fierdsvain (Corrupted) = 1000
Dread Legion = 468
Undead Legion (Fierdsvain) = 1500
Undead Legion (Empire) = 1500 → CRUSHED
Jaysus = 628
Shadow Legion = 500 → CRUSHED
Order of the Lion = 0 0 0 125 = (500)