chapter 2

"Kimura?" He stood there puzzled.

"Oh, Tsukishima." I started to fiddle with my fingers. Shit, how long has he been standing there, oh my god.

"What are YOU doing here?" He cocked his head to the side.

"Um... actually, I um.."

Someone from the volleyball gym called, "Tsukishima!" A handsome, black-haired boy ran up to us. "What's taking you so long? We need to continue our practice match." The boy finally noticed me and said, "You're talking to THE Kimura?"

"THE Kimura?" I questioned.

"Yeah. All the first years know who you are. You're a math genius. I mean you would've been in Class 1-5, if it weren't for your physics grades." The black-haired boy responded. I felt a blush creep up to my face, I didn't know people talked about me.

"Kimura, this is Kageyama Tobio from Class 1-1 and he's our Grand King." As Tsukishima finished that sentence, Kageyama sneered at him which caused Tsukishima to have a wide grin across his face. Glad to know that I'm not the only one who gets pissed off by Tsukishima.

"Anyways, once you're done talking, get back to the game immediately."

"Just don't overwork me, Grand King. I'm nothing like that orange-haired shortie." Kageyama gave Tsukishima one last distasteful look and went back into the gym.

"So... have you got anything to say?" He said as he looked at me. Hands on his hips, like the sassy mf he is.

"I need to ask you for a favour."

Tsukishima bursts into laughter. "Are you Kimura? Cause the Kimura I know hates my guts and the last thing she would do would be to ask me for help."

What a fucking asshole. I should've known that he would've reacted this way.

One of his eyebrows perked up. "You got me curious. What does the math genius, Kimura, need my help for."

I was about to call him out for being a dick but then I recalled what Sayoko said to me. As much as I hated it, I did need his help, so I used every ounce of my will to not yell at him. I took a deep breath.

"Could you please tutor me for physics?"

Tsukishima is silent. His eyes were wide open then he collected his composure and thought about it for a while. Oh, I fucking knew it. This jerk is gonna say no isn't he.

"Um... yeah sure, I guess."

"Yeah, I knew you'd say no- Wait, HUH?" I felt my jaw drop to the floor. "Sorry, can you say that again?"

"I said that I wouldn't mind tutoring you, as long as you're not a slow learner."

"Oh, ok. Thanks?" I couldn't wrap my mind around it. He actually said yes. WTF.

"Give me your phone. I'll enter my phone number. Text me what day you're free and I'll cross-check with my schedule."

"Uh, ok." I fumbled through my bag to find my phone and gave it to him. He took my phone and entered his phone number. In less than a minute, he returned it to me.

"I have to go back to practice now. See you tomorrow."

"See you." I waved and he went back inside the gym.

________

"THAT PIECE OF SHIT NEEDS TO LEARN SOME PROPER MANNERS." I yelled into my phone. I stood on my bed, completely heated over the way that that jerk, Tsukishima, had treated me.

"C'mon, at least he agreed to help you," said Sayoko from the other end of the phone. I sighed.

"Yeah, but can he stop being a dick for a minute? He didn't have to laugh in my face."

"Ok, ok. I know that he can be rude sometimes but make sure you don't say anything about him in school, you'd get in deep trouble. Lots of girls like him. There's even a rumour that a beautiful third year has a crush on him. She even visited our class last week to talk to him."

"HAH? PEOPLE LIKE HIM? What is there to like about him? He's always looking like he's got a stick up in his ass."

"I mean... for starters, he's smart, athletic AND not gonna lie, he does look good. Not to mention, he's very tall and much more mature than all the other boys in our school."

"Good looking? Girl, get your eyes checked. Have you seen Kageyama from Class 1-1? Now THAT'S good looking."

"Well, he is easy on the eyes, but just cooperate with Tsukishima this one time and it'll be over, okay?"

"Ugh. Fine." I rolled my eyes. Over the phone, I could faintly make out a voice that called for Sayoko.

"My mom just called me down for dinner. Let's talk more about this later. See you tomorrow!"

"Tell your mom I said hi. See you." Sayoko ended the call, leaving me alone to think about what had happened three hours ago. I still can't believe he agreed to tutor me. Tsukishima tutoring someone is basically unheard of. Any cute girl that tries to get into a 5-metre radius of Tsukishima has to get through Yamaguchi first. And even if they do get through him, it's always a 100% chance that Tsukishima would say no. Until today.

I held my phone up above my face (it's risky, I know). Text me what day you're free and I'll cross-check with my schedule. Oh, shit. I forgot. I haven't texted him. I searched through my contacts for a new number and then I saw it.

"'My favourite person'? What the fuck? Why didn't he just put his own name." I scowled. I quickly changed the name before texting him.

Shittyshima 💩

can we meet up this saturday

Read, 7.01pm

After 12pm. I have volleyball practice in the morning.

Sent, 7.01pm

yeah that's fine with me

Read, 7.02pm

Study at my place?

Sent, 7.02pm

sure text me your address

Read, 7.03pm