Crash Landing

"Quick, get on my lap!" Obiwan ordered. He unbuckled his seat belt as Melanie threw her dignity aside and struggled to move towards him due to the turbulence. Finally, she made it and he clasped the belt around the two of them.

"You thinking what I'm thinking?" Anakin asked Obiwan and Ahsoka.

"Almost certainly not." Honestly, the only thing going through Obiwans head was how close Melanie was to him. Everyone fitted an oxygen mask over their faces as the ground rose to meet them.

"Looks like we're doing this the hard way... Starting the ejection sequence."

"How come every time you fly, we crash?" Ahsoka snapped. If she was in a different situation Melanie would have laughed but she was dead scared. She was also very conscious of Obiwans torso pressing against her back

"It's not my fault. It's the ship!" Anakin retorted.

"Ready to eject."

"Wait... now!" Ordered Anakin. The four were thrown out of the ship, which crashed into a large rock formation. The vulture droids flew after it, also crashing. A protective bubble formed around the seats, keeping those inside safe.

Melanie couldn't help but scream as they free fell. She was pretty sure she had lost her stomach by the way she was feeling. Obiwan wrapped his hands around her waist to stop her from slipping, grunting as their bubble hit something and bounced to the ground. As they rolled to a halt, Melanie finally felt like she could breathe.

"Classic." She grumbled as the seal on their bubble broke. She unlatched the seat belt and jumped off Obiwans lap, desperate to get some air and put some space between herself and the Jedi.

"You alright there, Master?" Anakin said with a laugh as he exited his own bubble with a cough.

"I'm fine, Anakin." Snapped Obiwan.

"Where on Felucia do you think we are?" Ahsoka asked as she looked around at the strange-looking plants.

"I'm not sure..." The oldest Jedi replied.

A growling sound could be heard in the distance and Melanie drew closer to Anakin. "I don't like the sound of that."

"And I don't like the look of that." Anakin pointed at two big lumbering giants that were stomping just up ahead. Melanie gasped in fright. She had never seen anything like them before. "We don't want to scare them."

"We can't just wander around aimlessly, we need a plan." Obiwan, the wise one, spoke up as the monsters continued their journey.

"You always taught me to go on instinct, and my instinct tells me to go that way."

"No, that doesn't seem right. I think we should go this way."

"Why do you even ask for my opinion? You never do things my way."

As the two boys continued to bicker, Ahsoka looked around the clearing, assessing where she thought they would go. Suddenly her eyes caught something. Elbowing Melanie in the side she nodded towards the horizon. Melanie grinned at the girl.

"We crashed the ship your way."

"Very funny," Anakin said sarcastically. "I see your sense of humour survived the landing."

"It's about the only thing."

"Um, If you two are done arguing, Ahsoka has a plan." Melanie rolled her eyes at their antics. They haven't changed a bit.

"I think there is some smoke on the horizon, which means people and a way off this planet." With that, the two girls began walking towards the tall cylinder of smoke. The two boys shrugged at each other but followed along.