"As usual, ladies first!" Johnny said as he made his way to the glass bowl on his left. He took the glove off his hand as he reached in, swirling his hand around before picking one of the folded cards. Like it mattered. Jade closed her eyes, holding onto her jade pendent as Johnny unfolded the white paper.

"Like that would help." Jeno scoffed beside her.

"Watch." Jade replied as they turned their attention back to the platform.

"Jung Jadelyn!" Johnny called out as Jade's face appeared on the screen in front of them.

Yes, the wish had worked!

Jade wore a proud smirk on her face, her eyes dark as she stared into the cameras. She knew Jeno's jaw had dropped as she made her way up the marble steps, the crowd cheering for her as she took her spot beside Johnny.

"Congratulations." Johnny whispered to her before returning to the microphone.

"And now for the boys!" Johnny said as he repeated the same procedure with the bowl on the right. He pulled out the card and read the name out loud.

"Lee Jeno." Crap. Jade watched as Jeno locked eyes with her before making his way out of the roped area. Jeno made his way up the steps, lightly nudging Jade as he walked passed her to take the other side of Johnny.

"Very well then, let's give up for District 1's tributes, Lee Jeno and Jung Jadelyn!" Johnny yelled as he took their hands, raising them up. The people loudly cheered for them and Jade couldn't have felt prouder.

...

The goodbyes were short as the Jade and Jeno made their way onto the train, Jaehyun and Taeyong following them. As their older brothers and previous victors, they were the assigned mentors for the two of them. The trip to the Capitol was just as short as District 1 was the closest.

When they arrived, they were immediately taken away by stylists. Jade was glad that District 1 had ensured that her body hair was carefully removed, making it less gruelling in comparison to what she imagined the poorer district tributes had to go through. She soon met the stylist assigned to District 1. She hoped he didn't make her and Jeno look anything like the people of the Capitol, their taste was absolutely terrifying.

"My name is Chittaphon but people call me Ten." The stylist said, introducing himself.

"Jade." Jade responded taking his hand. He guided her to where a beautiful gown hung.

"District 1 is known for always having the best for the Tribute Parade, and I don't plan on making any exceptions." Ten said as Jade's jaw dropped. He guided her to the hair and make up station where they worked on her face and hairstyle before she changed her clothes. Once they were done, she met up with Jeno, who, Jade noticed, was eyeing the male from District 11.

That was when she saw him. Black-haired, pale face, rosy cheeks with plump lips. His face was beautifully sculpted, a work of art. Some might mistaken him for scrawny but judging but the outfit he wore which screamed District 2, Jade knew that he must be lean with muscle. His dark eyes stared straight into hers as he observed her, making her gulp. If looks could kill, Jade would have died long ago. They quickly broke eye contact as Jeno stood between them.

"Gushing over the competition already? That makes you look weak." Jeno said, a wide grin on his face.

"Oh shut up, I saw you staring at that District 11 boy too." Jade pointed out, making Jeno blush. Their argument ended quickly as Ten interrupted them.

"The parade is starting soon, you'll have plenty of time to meet the rest of the tributes later. Look proud, you're both beautiful as expected of District 1." Ten said as the two of them made their way onto the chariot. They were the first in line, the District 2 boy right behind them.