Chapter 21: Valentine's

CHANMI

LIKE THE usual set up of a school during Valentine's day, the whole campus was surrounded by hearts that vary by colors and sizes. There were cupid cutouts hanging everywhere. Candies, flowers and anything were sold at the stalls from different departments.

And as usual, I will just stay on my seat while pretending not to exist during Valentine's day. The whole campus was filled with the continuous playing of love songs that the students were requesting on the school's radio station.

Those songs just made me entertained the whole day. I can't stop smiling after hearing the intro part of Touch by NCT 127. This was the first song of NCT that they played and I'm thankful about it.

I let the song drown me to its lyrics and after hearing Jaehyun's voice, I clasped my hands on my mouth and gasped. I remembered Jaehyun's birthday is today and I almost forgot about it.

I fished for my phone to greet him via text since I have their phone numbers saved. I greeted them through sending them messages since like what I heard from Jungwoo when Minji and him were talking, they will be busier than before.

Jaehyun-ie
Thank you, Chanmi.
Did Jungwoo invited you
already? I hope to see you
later and celebrate my day
with you.
4:29 PM

***

"I remember owing you coffee." I pointed my forefinger upwards after I remembered it. "Let's grab some coffee while waiting for Minji."

Jaehyun was going to stop me from standing up and told me that he's going to buy it for us but I told him it's fine.

"Two iced coffee, Ji," I told Jihoon who took my place for the meantime.

As soon as Jungwoo and Jaehyun arrived at the cafe, I ended my shift so they don't need to wait for me while also waiting for Minji. Jihoon took a glare at Jungwoo before inputting my order.

"Ji, give me a bottled water too." I handed him the bill while chuckling. "Stop glaring at him."

"Okay, I'll stop. But who's the other guy?" He glanced at Jaehyun before handing me the receipt.

I smirked and shrugged my shoulder. "Just another member. Don't worry, he's not in Minji's bias list. No need to feel jealous towards him."

He glared at me and I just laughed at his reaction before getting back to my seat. They were talking about their group stuffs and immediately stopped when I arrived. It was fine with me since I don't want to be spoiled by their future schedules.

"Where's your coffee?" Jaehyun asked after I handed him his coffee.

"I'm not drinking coffee," I replied and took my bottled water. "I prefer milk. I have caffeine intolerance."

"Hey." Minji tapped Jungwoo's shoulder and waved her hands at me. Her brows furrowed as she look at Jaehyun who was sitting beside me.