Chapter 42: Holiday

Start from the beginning

"Nu uh! Do not even try to cut into my masterpiece." I spun around nudging him out the way. "If you were here you could've tried it. Now you gotta wait to try it later with everybody else."

"Damn." He frowned then shrugs. "I honestly didn't expect you to be up this late baking 'em."

I smile and place the last dish into the dishwasher, starting it then turning to Chris who was leaned against the island watching me. I licked my lips at his appearance. His crisp white tee and chain always compliments the tattoos on his neck.

"Perfection takes time. Giana helped a little bit though."

"They look good so I know they must taste as—"

His phone went off next to me gaining both of our attention. I raised my eyebrow seeing Sevyn's name across the screen and picked it up. "Why is Sevyn calling you?"

"Oh it's nothing really." He says quickly snatching his phone out my hand. Out of instinct my hand flattened and swung across his arm–slapping him.

"Nigga I will beat your ass."

"Ah! What?" He chuckles.

"Christopher Maurice, never out of all these months and Sundays you've known me—ten months to be exact and seven of which we were actually dating—have ever snatch your phone from me like that. The fuck is your problem?"

He laughs. "My fault I ain't mean to snatch it but it's nothing babe." He says trying to take my hands into his.

I stepped back. "Okay then call her back and see what she wanted." I say calmly. "Matter of fact I'll call her." I say picking up my phone.

"Nah, it's late." Chris says taking my phone as well.

"Baby." I laugh lowly to prevent myself from blowing up. "I'm about to go off on you. Why you acting like you're keeping secrets?"

"I'm not!" He says as his phone buzz again but this time with a text. "More like a surprise."

"Well my patience with you is running thin so I think it's best you tell me before you end up in the dog house." I cross my arms over my chest.

"I can't."

"Chris let me see your phone." I demanded more than asked.

"For what?"

Okay now I'm pissed. He has never asked me why whenever I wanted his phone so I'm not understanding what the problem is. Besides it's Sevyn and she's damn near my best friend so I'm not understanding why I can't know what they are talking about.

"Okay." I nod slowly. "Well I advise you text Sevyn back and let her know you'll be sleeping on her couch at her house."

"Wha??" He says in a high pitch voice. I only turn my back to him and proceed upstairs.

"And you can't come back 'til two with all the other guest either!"

"Don't blow this out of proportion Genesis." He sighs following me into our bedroom.

"I'm not." I huff before he grips my waist and purposely falls on top of me on the bed, crushing me with all his body weight.

"Aw my baby is upset." He teased.

"Chris get off of me." I growl putting up a useless fight. Chris only smiles goofily down at me and the more I wiggled around the more weight he put down on me but never too much to hurt me.

Chuckling he takes my wrist and hold them up above my head. "What are you so worried about? Cheating? 'Cause I'll never cheat on you Genesis."

"Right so let me see your phone."