7

The USJ was amazing all around. So many different ways to train for rescuing others.

It was quite a change from home training which was strictly combat, strength, endurance.
All focused on bettering Shoto and you's abilities to fight instead of help.

Only, you wouldn't get to start helping others today; even as you were introduced to Thirteen with the rest of the class and Shoto stood beside you at the entrance and everything seemed okay.

Because some familiar faces you had tried so long to forget would be soon making an unwelcome appearance...

***
A Decade Ago

Why was it always so dark.

"Don't be scared." A rough voice said to you. The same of the child who'd reasoned with you till you ate the night before. "Master won't hurt you."

"I'm not scared."

He chuckled to himself, but it wasn't malicious. No, it sounded as if he'd been taught to laugh that way.

"Master likes your quirk." The boy said, his white hair fallen around his face in shambles, his eyes, mouth, and neck scratched at the sides as if he'd torn at himself with his own fingernails.

You shivered at the sight of him.

He was walking you down some hallway, iron restraints weighing down your hands.
It seemed like overkill for a five year old, but...
His "master" was aware of what you could do.

"He says he might take it some day." The boy said. "Your quirk."

"Good." You whispered, chin downcast. "He can have it."

The child cocked his head to the side in amused confusion.

"Do you not like your own quirk, Y/n?"

Your name on his lips was a threat of its own, but you ignored it.

"It can hurt others." You said. Your throat rasped with the lack of water. "It can hurt me."

"That's exactly why master says he can't take your quirk right now. We don't know enough about it."

He felt closer. Uncomfortably so: His breath near enough you could feel its contents seeping from his mouth.

"But don't worry." He added. "Master won't hurt you. He promised to help me. Maybe he'll help you too."

For some reason, the boy gave a soft smile that almost made him seem human then.
As is he truly believed what he was saying.

You blinked up at him as he stopped in front of a door in the hallway.

You wanted to thank him now, for actually giving you a hint of warmth in this cold place.

Instead, you reached for the sleeve of his shirt that was shredded at the hems and said to him,"I just want mama and papa to be okay."

Your big eyes shown up at him, pleading for mercy.

The boy took your hand and gently brought it back to your side.