Chapter Seventeen

Start from the beginning

Glitch hummed, "It seems you are correct, I don't feel like this was the normal timeline, but I like this! There are somethings that are unavoidable, but you will be able to prepare for them better." He theorized.

"For example, I have multiple... Personalities, I guess. So there may be a time that I split or something. There are so many probabilities but I really like where this is going." Glitch confirmed with a pearly white smile.

"But... I do ask for one thing..." Glitch trailed off, rubbing the back of his neck with his paw.

"Sure, what is it?" I ask, glad that he is now an ally. I truly feared what could have happened if I didn't talk to him.

"Could you make me one of those cool outfits!?" He chirped, bringing back his bubbly persona.

I laugh joyfully with a nod. After my sign of agreement I hear Glitch cheer before popping out of our plane of existence.

I shake my head before walking into the pizzeria, once I reach the main room I see Spring looking at me curiously.

"Yes, Spring?" I asked him, prodding him to ask me what is on his mind.

"What did you say to Glitch that made him so giddy?" He asked, slightly worried.

"Oh, he wanted me to make him an outfit like I did for you guys, I'm still trying to figure out what to do for Happy Frog and Baby, but I should be ready to make them by next week." I told him, waving to Michael.

Spring sighed in relief and smiled at me before returning to his conversation with Michael.

"Bryan! Can we go to the store? Please?" Lefty asked while almost tackling me into a hug.

"Sure, what did you want to buy?" I laughed, hugging him back.

"Could we buy a game please?" He asks excitedly.

"Sure, let me just get Helpy to hand over the money, which is a task in itself sometimes, and we can go." I tell the jokester.

He bounds over to the lobby while i search for the their of a bear. I walk over to Baby and Happy Frog and ask if they have seen Helpy.

"No, the last time I saw her she was just muttering to herself about batteries." Baby replied, with a shrug.

My face paled at the information. I quickly checked my wallet to see my credit card was missing. I pulled out my phone and checked my bank account. I felt even more blood drain from my face.

"Hey Bryan, are you okay?" I heard Michael ask me, his hand resting on my shoulder.

"Y- yeah, I uh... I need to sit down for a second..." I stuttered, pulling out a chair at a nearby table and sitting down.

Lefty came back into the room to see what was taking so long and saw my unusually pale face.

"Bryan? What's wrong?" The usually happy bear asked worriedly.

"N-nothing! I uh, I just need to have a uh... A chat with Helpy." I said, trying reassure the two males.

After I said that, a door was heard and Helpy walked out of the storage room cheerfully.

Helpy looked over at us and grew concerned. "Bryan? What's wrong?"

"I thought I told you to ask..." I said, my voice wavering.

"What do you- o-oh.... Bryan? I-" Helpy started.

"No, Helpy. You betrayed my trust." I said coldly.

I rose slowly, Michael and Lefty backing away from me.

"You betrayed me, and for what... Batteries? I can't afford someone stealing from me again Helpy. My last job did nothing but steal from me. I can barely afford to keep my house! Much less buy food." I growled out. I walked past her to the wall behind her and punched it.

I took a deep breath and rested my forehead against the wall. "Now, tell me what happened before I assume something again and loose it." I said with my eyes closed before turning around and opened them with a small glare.

Once again, I had no clue that my eyes where a royal purple. When my gaze laid upon them they withered under it. "Bryan, your eyes are purple..." Michael told me.

I look at him with a blank face before I said, "Does it look like I fucking care? Now Helpy, tell me what the fuck you where doing with my credit card...." I growled out, baring my fangs from Lumine's attributes.

Helpy flinched back before nodding. "B-buying Batteries..?" She stuttered, her voice shaking like a frightened animal.

I glared at her before, once again, grabbing her dress collar. "Look, we talked about this before. I am not going to fucking deal with this again. I have tried to be nice, but if i have to personally rewire your coding, I will. That was not okay Helpy, I need that money." I threatened, my grip tightening.

Helpy was shaking. Her wide eyes teared up with oil and they slowly rolled down her cheeks.

"Bryan... I-" Helpy try to explain.

I cut her of quickly though, "Save it. If you want to make it up to me, that's fine. But just know it will be a long time before I even begin to trust you again." I say solemnly before gently putting her on the ground.

I check my wallet to see how much of the old currency vs the new one I have.

"Helpy, is there anyway that I can convert these?" I ask, keeping a completely business manner to her.

She gulped before wiping her tears and said, "Yes, Baby used to be able to converts money into tokens. I think she can convert it."

I nod before turning to Baby, "Do you mind Baby?"

"Not at all Bryan!" She said shakily, I raise a brow to her curiously. What is she scared of? I look around to see everyone in some form of shock or fear.

I hand the money to her and ask everyone, "Are you guys okay? You look like you just witnessed a murder."

That seemed to shake everyone out of their trance as they immediately begin to say some form of 'I'm fine'. That made me a little worried, so I voiced my concern.

"Are you guys sure? Because if your not I want to know why..." I pushed. Trying to get some answers. Was it because I was yelling at Helpy? I know she got pretty scared and that my eyes turned purple somehow, but was I really that bad?

I felt a tap on my shoulder and see baby with the new currency. "Thanks baby! I appreciate it!" I cheered, which seemed to make Baby smile.

I look over to the wall that I punched to see a pretty big hole... Did I do that? I need to ask Michael...

"We should probably head to the store by now. We need to get a game, right?" I ask, trying to change the subject.

Once everyone gave some form of agreement I picked up Helpy into a hug. She seemed to not know what to do so I placed one of her arms on my shoulder and continued to hug her.

She seemed to get the hint and wrapped her arms around my neck and nuzzled her head into the crook of it.

I smiled down at her softly and saw the others looking at me in aww? I gave them a playful glare before smiling widely and tilted my head to the side.

I could feel how guilty Helpy was... It was like a stabbing pain through my heart. I want to comfort her but i need to be stern. Otherwise, this problem of hers won't ever end.

With that, I turned around and headed out the door, the others following behind me.

As I walk to the store, I begin to think. Maybe... Maybe I should visit them... It has been to long since I was adopted.

Helpy seemed to sense my sadness as she had tugged on my shirt to gain my attention. "Are you okay Bryan?" She asked, pure concern running through her.

I smiled softly at her, "Yes, I just need to visit two people after work. I hadn't visited in a while and I feel guilty for it." I explained lowly.

"I'm sure they will understand Bryan." She chirped with a closed eye smile.

I chuckle lightly, "Yeah, they'll understand..." Sorrow pouring from my voice as that was said. I looked up at the sky and said "It's a beautiful day, they'll be glad."

A tear fell from my eye. Yeah... They will...

Phionex out~