♕ T H I R T Y - O N E ♕

Start from the beginning

Vera... C'mon...

Mattia, there's something else... One of our close friends killed us—an ally with your gang.

Who? I swear I'll kill him.

I can't remember—that's why I'm not coming back to Jersey. You can't tell anyone where I am because I don't want to be in any danger.

I want to see you—send me your location.

No. I want to stay here alone.

What?

Mattia, I'm just under a lot of pressure and I'm scared—I just want to be alone for a while.

Ver—

Call Ended

*Number Blocked*

Maybe I'm overreacting, but I just want to disappear for three months and then show up when all this stuff blows over.

"Vera, mama," my mom knocks on my door and I shout for her to come in.

"I'm very excited that you decided to stay here—I know your dad is harsh on you but I just want to let you know that we love you," she sits nexts to me and holds my hands.

"I know. I love you guys too," I smile and she hugs me.

"Lani's coming to talk to you, okay?" She says and I nod.

Then she gets up and Lani walks in seconds later.

"I should be angry at you," I cross my arms at her as she closes the door behind her.

"I know, I know. Just let me explain," she says and takes a seat on a beanbag chair.

"I've been working with your dad ever since you got to Jersey," she says and my jaw drops.

"Why wasn't I informed of this? I was Donna for a couple months," I raise an eyebrow.

"No Vera— I was working for your dad," she clarifies again.

"Why? Why betray Mattia? Why fake your death?" I scoff.

"Let me explain," she persists.

"God, I should call up Mattia and tell him that you're alive," I get up and pace the room.

"My parents found out that Mattia's papa was going to kill yours so they snitched on him and he found out. They had to ask your dad for protection and he agreed only if I worked for him and I agreed," she spits out and I sigh.

"You could've disappeared—not faked your death," I argue.

"So why'd you decide to leave when you did?" I ask.

"Because your Papa wanted to keep me under better protection since the guys in Mattia's gang weren't enough people," she says.

"Mattia's gang? You're telling me that Mattia could get killed by them anytime?" I yell out.

"Well, yes. Only if he doesn't something dumb," she says.

"Get out. Get. The. Fuck. Out." I snarl at her and her eyes widen.

"It wasn't my choice to leave," she protests and I walk over to her and put her in a chokehold.

She gasps for air as she tries to free herself.

"I've been training, stop squirming," I say and she pushes harder.

I finally let her go and she staggers as she coughs.

"I should kill you," I scoff.

She looks at me and a tear falls down her cheek.

"You could've told Kairi about this. You could've ran away." I shove her out of my room and slam the door.

Why the fuck am I so hormonal?

I change into pajamas and I get into bed.

I'm about to fall asleep when I smell pizza and the urge to throw up comes.

I scramble out of bed and I barely miss the toilet as I throw up everything I ate today.

A couple seconds later, I finish dry heaving and I wipe my mouth and go brush my teeth.

I love pizza...

Maybe I ate something bad...

Nothing to worry about... Right?

Authors note:

to answer her question... wrong.. VERA PLS BE WORRIED.

anyways, i'm sorry for this late update 😩 i haven't had any motivation these past 2-3 weeks 🥺

also, ty for 6.5 k ❤️ you guys are amazing 🥺