♕ E I G H T ♕

Mattias POV

Bubba? Is that my new nickname? She's so cheesy—adorable though.

I just want to know why Papa hates her...

"Earth to Mattia," Vera snapped her fingers in front of my face and I snapped back into reality.

"What's up ma?" I smile at her.

I'm gonna be nice for a change...

"Oh- I uh... I just wanted to let you know that we're home," Vera smirks.

"Grazie," I opened the car door and followed everyone to the garage door.

I turned to look back and I see Vera making a phone call—she looked really stressed.

I made sure that she wasn't paying attention to me and I quickly ran over to the side of the car near her door and put my ear to the window of the backseat part of the car.

"I don't want to do this anymore," Vera is practically yelling at the phone.

"No—listen—I— WILL YOU PLEASE LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY?!" She's sobbing now.

I don't understand what could stress her out this much.

I'm about to leave when I hear her say, " I don't want to kill Mattia, I'm having fun hanging out with him and I feel like we could work out an agreement."

Kill me? Why does she want to kill me? What the hell is going on?

I inch up a little closer to her door. "Listen Papa, you gave me three months to kill him and as future Donna of the Luca's, I decline because I will not do it," her voice had a serious tone to it.

Oh my God, this is why Papa was afraid of her. But she doesn't want to kill me?

"Papa listen, I know we have history with the Polibio's and that they ruined almost everything we had but I don't think that his kid is like this. Mattia is going to be Capo and I'm going to be Donna, we can solve this out," she says and I slowly inch away until I skip out of the side door of the garage.

I have to kill her first.

Vera's POV

"You are no daughter to me if you do not complete this mission," my Papa says.

He always does this. He always pretends to be nice and then uses me for his own benefits.

"Papa listen, I know we have history with the Polibio's and that they ruined almost everything we had but I don't think that his kid is like this. Mattia is going to be Capo and I'm going to be Donna, we can solve this out," I say all seriously hoping to somewhat scare him.

He laughs, "You have three months figlia, you know your punishment if you disobey your Capo."

My punishment? He's going to kill me if I don't listen.

I hang up and let out a frustrated sigh. I wipe my tears and I step out of the SUV and go to hang up the keys on their hook and I go out the door.

3rd person POV

Mattia makes it to Vera's bedroom visibly shaken and the boy give him a confused look

"You good, Mattia?" Kairi asks.

Mattia nods and goes to take a seat on the side of the bed.

Vera appears at the doorstep a couple minutes later, "Sorry guys, I was catching up with my dad..." She looks at Mattia with sad eyes.