Chapter 2

Chapter 2

I woke up gasping for air. I had another vision. Ever since I was young, I've been getting visions that would tell me where something or someone was and it would always be accurate. So that means that there is a very expensive locket somewhere in this castle. I thought. But before I could dwell on it longer, my stomach growled. Time to see if there's anything edible on this island. I jumped off of the bed but before I made my way out of the room, I saw a mirror with cobwebs lining along it.

I brushed off the cobwebs, coughed here and there, and positioned it up properly. I looked at my appearance and frowned at my attire. These are the same clothes that I'd worn since the last island...jeez, you would think that a brother would send his sister some clothes when he suddenly flies them off. My brown tank top was starting to fade and my baggy trousers had various rips in them. My black knee-high boots were the only thing that looked decent. My hair was taking a turn for worse with the amount of knots in them - I don't even have a comb! The mass of messy black curls just stayed untamed like a lion's mane. Even my skin wasn't looking that good. My usual chocolaty brown skin has started to look dull and unhealthy, my dull brown eyes stared back at me. Dull eyes? My eyes used to 'shine', as Kuma would say. My clothes, hair, skin - everything - looked so weak, so... unhealthy. I looked unhealthy. I sighed. Don't you see what you're doing to me, Kuma? My stomach growled, reminding me of a much more important matter.

I made my way back down to the first floor and started thinking to myself. Usually, kitchens are on the bottom floor...right? I shrugged. "Might as well try," I said and started to explore.

*****

"Oh, thank god!" I half-shouted. I had finally found the kitchen after looking through hundreds of doors. "Can I get a 'hallelujah'?!" I praised, my arms up in the sky. My words echoed throughout the castle and my arms lowered slightly. I sighed and looked around sadly. "I'm alone, yet again."

For an old castle the kitchen looked pretty modern with an ordinary looking table and chairs and a proper cooking station instead of the old-time equipment that they used back in the day.

I plonked myself down on one of the rich brown dining chairs and rested my elbows on the table, covered with a rich cotton cloth, with my head resting on my hands. "What can I do to change your mind, Kuma?" I wondered out loud. "Why won't you just listen to me - for once in your life, just listen to other people's feelings instead of trying to make a future that probably won't come." It's always been like this. That's why I have to beat him. I have to defeat him in battle. That way, he'll listen to me. That's the only way he will listen to me...

*****

Turns out that there was food in the kitchen, but nothing to my liking. There was simple meat, lots - and I mean lots - of red wine, bread that looked close to becoming stale and other things. I decided that these were not good enough.

"Oh!" I exclaimed as I clapped my hands together. "I can grow food!" There was a forest so there must be something growing from the trees. "Okay, objective for today: find food to grow and make a makeshift garden!" I declared to myself. I started searching through cabinets and supply boxes for any seeds or fruits were I could take out the seeds. But, thanks to my luck, nothing came up.

I let out a frustrated sigh. Then, something caught my eye. It was a shovel, leaning up against the wall. I picked it up and got comfortable with its weight. "Looks like all those harvesting trips with my mum is going to come in handy." I muttered to myself and stalked out of the castle while taming my messy hair into a ponytail. "If I can find wildlife then I can find the food they eat."

I looked from tree to tree and dug up numerous holes, yet nothing still came up. I huffed out a breath and sat in a coffin shaped hole. I have decided that this will be where I will be buried if I were to die on this island. That's what I've done on all the islands so far. Each and every island I've been to have my grave - just as a precaution.