Sister

I could only stare at the chunk of wood separating me from them. I was scared, to say the least, because I didn't know what to say to them once I came face to face. Apologize because of losing my temper? Or stay mad at Sakura for being so rude? I knew I wouldn't be able to do the latter, and was skeptical that they would accept my apology. I had, after all, hurt her physically.

I closed my eyes, and thought of what I would say.

'I'm sorry I lost my temper because Sakura said extremely rude things to me that hurt me emotionally very much and thus tried to kill her.'

'I'm sorry, I didn't know what I was doing. I had lost total control and tried to kill her so not my fault.'

'I don't care what you think of me or do to me and don't regret killing Sakura. I might apologize for that when I feel like it, but first, I want some food.'

I mentally chuckled at the last one, but then pinched myself for being so rude. I opened my eyes and stared at the door, deciding to go for the first one. I took a deep breath, and with a mixture of dread and excitement, rapped on the door with my knuckles.

I heard footsteps a few seconds later, and the knob slowly turned. Panic rose in me, but I willed myself not to run and hide.

The door then finally opened, and a woman with long blue hair stood before me. She wore a short-sleeved pink shirt with the end of the sleeves turned and the collar being red in colour.

She had an expression of curiosity on her face as she stared at me in confusion, wondering why I was even there. I diverted my gaze to the ground, not knowing what to say. It would be embarrassing to even introduce myself.

"Who," she said, her tone kind and warm, yet still confused, "Are you, dear?"

"My name is........" I sounded far less confident than I actually felt, and my voice came in a raspy whisper, " Nakiri Uzumaki, I'm Naruto Uzumaki's sister."

She stared at me, rattling her brain to see if I was telling the truth or not. I looked up, locking my eyes with her, only to see confusion and shock evident in them.

Of course, she hadn't had expected a filthy girl like me to appear at her door mat, claiming to be one of her protectors sister now did she? She probably never even imagine it.

"Well," She spoke what seemed an hour later in a dumbfounded voice "I don't really know what to say. I mean, you do have a lot of resemblance to Naruto-kun, but I can't be sure. He has gone training for now, why don't you come in and clean up, then wait for his arrival? He didn't exactly mention having any siblings..."

It was like a stab to the heart. He had forgotten me, like everybody else, he had forgotten me. My hair shadowed my depressed eyes, as I followed the woman into a room and was lead to a shower with a pair of clothes on the pot, neatly folded.

I thanked her, opening the tap for the hot water and jumping in. I sighed in content as the water hit against my skin, having all my worries drown into the gutter with it. It was relaxing.

I then closed the tap after rinsing myself and got out, putting on the pair of clothes. It was a full sleeved white plain shirt that reached my thighs, and black pants that were just above my ankles. I changed and got out, drying my hair.

Suddenly, I heard familiar laughter underneath. I strained to hear who's it was, but in vain. I then heard someone say something along the lines of. 'you'll puke' and 'must get stronger than him.'

I frowned, not understanding what it meant. What caught my attention, though, I heard the voice of the woman who brought me here, and this time I could hear them clearly, like it was being said right next to my ear.

"Naruto-kun, a girl had appeared at the door today-"

"Girl? What girl?" It was clearly Narutos voice this time. I heard something as if someone being hit and saying 'Let her finish!' Probably Sakura.

"Well, I asked her name, she said she was Nakiri and claimed to be your siste-"

"KIRI-CHAN?!?? WHERE IS SHE?! TELL ME?!" He shouted, and I frowned. I had told him so many times to keep his voice down!

"I had left her in your room-" before she could finish her sentence though, I heard thudding on the ground as if someone were running, and my heart raced, not knowing what they would say when they saw me. I started panicking when the knob turned, and took a step back.

Suddenly, the door swooshed open, and before me stood my beloved brother, wide eyed and breath held. I gulped as more footsteps were heard, and several other people stood behind him. Some familiar, others not.

A sudden tension took over, and nobody moved. I looked at all the faces, one of Sakura, one of Sasuke, one of the woman who brought me here, one of a strange looking man who had most of his face covered and lastly an old man who seemed to be drunk.

And there was my brother, staring at me in shock and another emotion I couldn't describe. Suddenly, I felt arms around my waist and a face cuddled into my neck, only to look down and see my brother, hugging me.

"Nakiri," His voice was trembling, scared, "I thought....I thought I lost you...forever...."

I felt something wet on my neck, only to realize he was crying. I gave a soft smile, and wrapped my hand around him in a comforting manner.

"Don't worry Naruto-kun. I'll never leave you alone from now on...ever."

Gawd, so long since I've updated. And it was short too. Well, ya can't blame me. Exams are finished and I haven't gotten the best of marks. Hn. Thanks a lot for hoping I would be awesome enough to come first. Anyways, thanks for reading this and adding this to your libraries which a lot of people have done. Weird. And yeah. I'll update more often from now on!!