Odd Meetings

23.

I looked around for seat 23 and once spotting it, I headed towards it and sat down, waiting for my neighbours to take their places as well. I gave a slight sigh and closed my eyes, resting for a bit. I then suddenly felt a chair on my left side being pulled, causing me to open my eyes and turn to look at the person.

This person was quite tall (seeing on as to how I considered him to be a 12 year old) 5'8 at least, and thin yet a bit muscular. He wore a white hoodie that had it's hood pulled up causing his face to be blocked from my view and black pants clung to his legs. He had no weapons pouch, and his feet were bare.

He was seemingly tense as he sat down, not glancing at me once. I looked at him curiously, wondering on as to who he was, but didn't have the courage to ask.I then felt the seat to my right side being pulled causing me to turn.

There, I saw someone even more peculiar. He had brown hair and wore a blue mask that covered his entire face with only two holes located where his eyes should be. What made me shudder however was the fact that instead of seeing two eyeballs, you could only see a black void of oblivion, as though someone had gorged his eyes out or something. But that wasn't the creepy part, what was creepy was the fact that black goo was coming through those black holes and trailing down his mask endlessly (yet his clothes were completely clean! I wonder how he manages to do that, that way I wouldn't have to wash so much of Naruto's laundry everyday!)

He wore casual clothes however, a black collared full sleeved shirt with a brown cotton sleeveless sweater on top and blue jeans. That only, however, made me even more suspicious.

Some very odd people are taking these exams this year.....

"Good morning. I believe you are Nakiri Uzumaki, this year's rookie, am I correct young miss?" I suddenly jumped back and squealed, looking at the blue masked person in surprise. It wasn't the fact that he spoke that scared me, it was the fact on as to how he spoke. It was in a completely foreign accent (the entire naruto world is Japanese and the guy has a British accent! Whaddya expect?) He however, looked completely unfazed.

"Are you alright miss?" he presented his hand, and waited for me to grab it and stand up. I stared at him in surprise, before shaking my head on as to how rude I was being by making him wait. I placed my hand in his and he took a surprisingly firm yet gentle grasp of it with his (I just seemingly noticed) black colored gloved hand. His fingers were long and slender from what I could make out, and seemingly elegant too, as though they were made for holding hands.I blushed and bowed to the guy in gratitude, upset about the fact that I was being a burden.

"T-thank you sir for helping me up. I am very grateful..." I quietly muttered, standing back up and looking at his blue mask. It was impossible to tell how he felt by either his expression or his body language since one was hidden and the other was completely neutral. Which brings me to the real question; does he even have any emotion?

"Of course. After all, I can't let a person with such delicious kidneys get hurt now can I?" I looked at him with a bewildered expression, confused on as to what he meant by 'delicious kidneys'. Was it some kind of code word?

I suddenly gasped as an extremely sharp and extremely dangerous looking dagger was suddenly pointed towards the blue masked person by the white hooded person. I looked at him worriedly with a hint of fear, completely confused on as to what was happening. Were these two enemies or something?The blue masked one however seemed completely calm and unfazed, as though it was completely common and normal for a knife to be pointed at his neck. I wanted to dead pan.