"Woah, already?!" Kaminari turned to one of the girls to his left. "I thought that was later in the year?" The funky-lobed girl nodded in agreement.
"Yeah, and with what just happened? Wouldn't a villain attack be enough to shut it down?"

I zoned out after that. There was no point in me paying any real attention, seeing as I wasn't a legitimate student. So, there I sat, picking at my cuticles and most likely drooling until I glanced back up, realising that Midnight had joined in somewhere along the line.

"So grab a whiteboard and start thinking!" She announced, and I took that as my cue to stand up and wander over to Aizawa, who sat awkwardly at his desk, staring longingly at his sleeping bag.
"Uh, so, I didn't hear a word of anything. What are they doing?"

Ah, his sharp glare had been something I had missed over the weekend, and he rolled that visible solitary eye of his.
"Hero names, for scouting purposes, mostly. This is something you're included in, too, even though you won't be part of the festival."

Hearing that, it took a few moments to process, and I quickly crouched down to make our conversation seem at least somewhat private.
"Um, for what purpose? I'm just doing this whole school thing so I don't land my ass in prison." I explained, but was met by that steely eyeball again.

"Quit complaining. Besides, you already thought of one." My brain really wasn't in the fast lane today, that was for sure. After the longest time trying to figure out what he meant, it clicked, and nostalgia slapped me across the ugly mug.
"You remembered that..? Yeesh, that was...what? Fifteen, sixteen years ago?"

Even though I teased him, inside I was all warm and fuzzy. He'd recalled something that I had almost completely forgotten, and it meant a lot. It also reminded me of something.
"Oh, by the way..." I stood up, leaning in a little closer to whisper through the thick bandages covering the side of his head. "Thank you so much for the glasses, Sho. Like, seriously. I love them."

Hunching over a bit more, he waved me off, and I smiled happily to myself as I strolled off to collect a whiteboard of my own. Some of the names the students thought up were almost enough to make me gigglesnort an organ out of my nose, especially the Pomeranian knockoff's, but some were also really creative. It actually kind of rattled my confidence.

"Finally, (Y/N)! A little late to the hero game, but let's see what you have!" Midnight called me up to the front, and I groaned, purposely making my chair scrape along the floor when I stood. Once I was in front of everyone, my fingers nervously tapped the frame of the board, and I chose to stare at my feet. "Come on, girlfriend! I'm dying to know!"

I was fond of Midnight. Not just because I had been told all about her back in my teen years by the boys, but because we both had loud personalities. The only thing that made me just a touch uncomfortable was her raw sexuality. If I tried to be as openly sexual as her, I'd look like one of those horny birds doing a mating dance.

"So, uh, I came up with this when I was, like, thirteen? Not a lot of thought went into it, really, but back then, the thought of being a hero was kind of like a game to me. I was living on the streets, and didn't wanna steal, but I kind of had to to survive...so...I sometimes pretended that the people I borrowed from were villains, and I was the hero! Pretty lame, huh?"

Okay, wow, getting a little sentimental here...Reign it in.

"A..anyway! Ta-da!" Flipping the board over, my cheeks puffed out, and I focused on Midnight's boots. "Medusa, because of the whole shitty quirk thing..." It could pass as acceptable, right? Or would I be knocked back because it sounded too much like a villain?

"That's so cool! It's got meaning and it's flashy!" I almost jolted when one of the boys, the pointy redhead, voiced his approval, and the majority of the class followed suit, and I finally managed to look up when Midnight clapped her hands together.
"Classy and relevant! Ten out of ten!"

Why did I feel so excited about it? I couldn't become a real hero anyway, with my record, but it still felt so good. Instead of returning to my seat, I moved to perch myself on the edge of Aizawa's desk, and he gave me a short nod of approval for using the name, not so much for invading his desk.

After both teachers explained how the next couple of weeks would pan out, and new training schedules, the lunch bell rang, and the students began to file out of the classroom.
"Hey, uh, (Y/N)?" I glanced up from reading notes over the teacher's shoulder to find Sero standing before me, hands lost in his pockets. "You wanna come have lunch with us? I never see you down in the cafeteria, so I thought maybe you'd want to try it out?"

He sounds like he's trying to ask me out on a lunch date! He's so cute! Too bad he's a baby.

"Sure, I'll come down and check it out. Just gotta pack up my things and I'll meet you down there, Scotch." The boy flushed at my little nickname, and he nodded with a goofy grin before walking away, not even registering that I didn't have anything to pack up. Chuckling to myself, I turned back to Aizawa, who was obviously trying to ignore my existence. "You staying here, or heading to the staff room?"

Gently kicking back from his desk, he sat back in his seat, rolling his shoulders in a ginger manner.
"I have paperwork to finish, but I'll probably leave in a bit." He replied with a low sigh, and I felt bad for him. Being so banged up must have been hard on him, especially with no help. He looked a right mess. Yep, I definitely felt bad, but not bad enough for teasing to be off the cards.

"So...did you need any help going to the  bathroom..?"

"You're sleeping in the gutter."

.
.
.
.
.
.
***Don't worry, I bet Aizawa has such good aim he could piddle right through the center of a cheerio.

Next Time: Sexy Nurse (minus the sexy)***

VITRIOL - Aizawa x Readerजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें